Earl and mike sigel-funny on the table?

demartini rocks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when i was going through the least favorite players thread i noticed mike sigel and earls popped up a lot.
i get that can be a bit petulant a lot of times. however, if one listens to what he is saying that dude is pretty brilliant and hysterical.
i've seen sigel talk a lot in some of the accu-stats dvd's i have but he's not audible or clear enough to hear. does he come up with some funny stuff while he's playing?
i get it that a lot of members here can't stand that stuff from these 2 . here's the thing though-if they're both funny then damn the entertainment value is priceless. you most likely got comedians up there who more often than not will shoot lights out and you get to laugh your ass off. win win i say.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am sure he'd be cool to have around your pool room.

Better yours than mine.

Ba-dum-dum-dum...

Kidding, mostly. I am sure he was cool at one point, but he is so aloof and uninterested in anything that isn't Mike, having him around isn't great. None of which bugs me- he owes me nothing and I understand he is a 'great' and that a lot of that is due to his alpha attitude.

Anybody whose Schtick you buy is going to be coo/ funny/ enjoyable, but many personas are no longer accepted the way they used to be: fats/ Mataya, for instance.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
when i was going through the least favorite players thread i noticed mike sigel and earls popped up a lot.
i get that can be a bit petulant a lot of times. however, if one listens to what he is saying that dude is pretty brilliant and hysterical.
i've seen sigel talk a lot in some of the accu-stats dvd's i have but he's not audible or clear enough to hear. does he come up with some funny stuff while he's playing?
i get it that a lot of members here can't stand that stuff from these 2 . here's the thing though-if they're both funny then damn the entertainment value is priceless. you most likely got comedians up there who more often than not will shoot lights out and you get to laugh your ass off. win win i say.

Just a short story for you. My neighbor was the counterman at a local pool room. I was sitting at the counter having coffee with him. A customer walked up to the counter and asked who the guy was playing on the center table. He is continually talking to himself while shooting. He never misses but he never shuts up. Care to guess who it was?

Lyn

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
Just a short story for you. My neighbor was the counterman at a local pool room. I was sitting at the counter having coffee with him. A customer walked up to the counter and asked who the guy was playing on the center table. He is continually talking to himself while shooting. He never misses but he never shuts up. Care to guess who it was?

Lyn

Was that Ralph or Sam at the counter and yes I do remember Mike playing and continuously complimenting and congratulating himself on his fine play. And your right...he never missed or shut up.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Was that Ralph or Sam at the counter and yes I do remember Mike playing and continuously complimenting and congratulating himself on his fine play. And your right...he never missed or shut up.

Actually it was Cigar Larry. Incidentally, are you home from your vacation? Stop by East Ridge. You won't believe what Chris has done!

Lyn

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People don't like to lose and they especially don't like to lose to people with a type A personality.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member

Lyn
Talking to yourself is one thing... Answering yourself is another.

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chuck Fields, Howdy;

Its fine to answer yourself too, its when you start asking yourself to repeat things that you should seek help. :thumbup:

Who, in this or his world, would he find to listen to him and have what he might consider
worthy to have that conversation with. But then he'd probably think and tell them that
they're wrong and spend the next 10 hours informing them as to why ...

hank

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Chuck Fields, Howdy;

Who, in this or his world, would he find to listen to him and have what he might consider
worthy to have that conversation with. But then he'd probably think and tell them that
they're wrong and spend the next 10 hours informing them as to why ...

hank

Mike never needed anyone to have a conversation with. He just has one with himself. No arguments there!

Lyn

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I have told people for years....
...Listen to Mike Sigel whine and you’ll learn all you need to know about pool.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Watching them on AccuStats or sitting in the stands or watching live stream is different than playing against them or playing on a table next to them. As a spectator, it may be amusing but as a player it's a shark move and incredibly distracting and unfair.

demartini rocks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching them on AccuStats or sitting in the stands or watching live stream is different than playing against them or playing on a table next to them. As a spectator, it may be amusing but as a player it's a shark move and incredibly distracting and unfair.

yeah i can see how when playing that it will ruin your game, concentration, etc.

possible solution: sic jimmy mataya against either one of them. i just might laugh my ass off while rolling off the bleacher seat and hope not to laugh to death.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah i can see how when playing that it will ruin your game, concentration, etc.

possible solution: sic jimmy mataya against either one of them. i just might laugh my ass off while rolling off the bleacher seat and hope not to laugh to death.

For sure! Jimmy in his prime could give either of them the 6 and the breaks when it comes to acting out on the table.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
For sure! Jimmy in his prime could give either of them the 6 and the breaks when it comes to acting out on the table.

Fran,

What do you mean "in his prime"? Did you listen to Jimmy as a commentator for the Andy Mercer Memorial last year? He hasn't lost a step!!!

Lyn