High End, Elizabeth NJ

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Thats where I first met Miz. He was friends with alot of people I had gotten to know through my uncles contant playing in NJ. I was 12 or 13, I watched him play Hopkins and Colavita. He was great. The next time we met, my uncle and I were at four seasons in Metuchen. We all went to carvel.

Joe

lou the greek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The poolroom name is the HIGHCUE in Elizabeth NJ that's where i met Steve in the early 70s, later on in the early 80s an other poolroom opened in Elizabeth called the WEST END Steve played there a lot too

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
The poolroom name is the HIGHCUE in Elizabeth NJ that's where i met Steve in the early 70s, later on in the early 80s an other poolroom opened in Elizabeth called the WEST END Steve played there a lot too

You're right it was the High Cue... had an arcade and tables and owned by Mike Ash. Bob had West End where I also saw Steve quite a bit. Those good rooms long gone, High Cue, Four Seasons, Loree Jons on 22, Paramus Billiards.. NJ had some great rooms back then.

JV

jerseybillG

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perth Amboy room

I was about 30 i belive when i saw miz play in perth amboy (His fathers room)? It was a large room with snooker,billiard,etc: I belive Miz seior was nj state champ..I think miz was in college at the time he had already been running 100`s..

Bill812

Bill812
Silver Member
Hey guys, that was my stomping ground too. I used to see Miz, Colavito & Hopkins at both places in Elizabeth. I even worked at Hi Cue part time for a while back '84/85.
I was off the night that Mike Ash had the heart attack after being taunted by that punk kid in the lot. Mike and his family were really good people, I went to the service & funeral in Livingston. Brian took over the business after that, but it was just never the same. The last time I was by there it was some sort of farmer's market. What a shame...

eddiethelock

Locksmith
Silver Member
louie the greek!!!!

holy crap!!! only been about 20 yrs since we played or seen each other, seen gus in nyc couple times he told me you moved to virginia, still remember you comin around with your dad to west end. hope all is well for you. eddie c