Mike Sigel or Steve Mizerak?

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always see these two names being brought up as pound for pound the two best straight pool players of the 80s and 90s. Sigel, by many, is considered to probably be the best tournament player and Mizerak is regarded as the greatest student of this game.

I've seen both play(there's more video of Sigel than there is of Mizerak) on video and I can see why everyone say they were the best. But what is the general opinion of this board regarding these two? Who in your opinion was the better straight pool player?

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I always see these two names being brought up as pound for pound the two best straight pool players of the 80s and 90s. Sigel, by many, is considered to probably be the best tournament player and Mizerak is regarded as the greatest student of this game.

I've seen both play(there's more video of Sigel than there is of Mizerak) on video and I can see why everyone say they were the best. But what is the general opinion of this board regarding these two? Who in your opinion was the better straight pool player?

The Miz...................

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The miz who had a boat load of natural talent! 1 of the games best strokes ever!