Bobby Williams

Bob1955

Registered
any update on bobby

During the 80,s my dad owned Boca Billiards in Boca Raton fl. Bobby was there 5 nights a week and we became friends. I took lessons from him for about a year. I still suck at the game. However he gave me his case because my name was bob also. One day he just vanished and i never heard from him again. I was told he was killed, but i think that was a rumor. Since i dont play i would like to give this back to him. If anyone has a lead please post. Here is a pic of the Handmade tooled leather case which beared his knickname. ``honest Bob``

Attachments

• 1421756167861.jpg
    1421756167861.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 460

poolwhiz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lived inPanama City,Fl.Played with him quite a bit.Strong player.Was in Vegas in 82 at the $200,000.00 World Series of Tavern Pool with him.Made a big run at it.Mizerak offered him $5000.00 for his part on the spot.Bobby turned it down.Good guy,good friend.

Bob1955

Registered
Lived inPanama City,Fl.Played with him quite a bit.Strong player.Was in Vegas in 82 at the $200,000.00 World Series of Tavern Pool with him.Made a big run at it.Mizerak offered him $5000.00 for his part on the spot.Bobby turned it down.Good guy,good friend.
do you know how to contact him

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like he was working for Rusty Wallace for years. I'd contact someone in their organization and see if they know. I saw Bobby Williams several times in Vegas in the 80's. He played with some VNEA teams that always played in the nationaltournament at the Riviera. I always thought it was funny when an amateur league team would have a pro player on it. But the definition of "pro" has historically been vague, at best, and I saw lots of VNEA teams with pro players...usually only 1 on a team. Sometimes they won, sometimes not. :D

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
A player and I from this forum went down South and he gave Bobby the 7, needless to say Bobby could have given us the last 4.

A few weeks before that another local player went through and got bbq'd even.

Bobby was no joke.

nightmare

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bobby won the '89 Carolina's Cup defeating Grady Mathews in the finals with Dennis Hatch finishing third. Bonnie Hoffman won the women's division defeating Loree Jon Hasson in the finals.

Bobby Williams - '89 Carolina's Cup (1st) - Charlotte, NC.jpg

Mary Kenniston

GoldenFlash

Banned
Nooooooooooooooo wayyyyyyyyyyy!

Bobby was/is a great player and a character that modern day pool desperately needs!![/QUOTE]

I disagree.
This type of 'character' is the very LAST thing pool desperately needs.
This type of 'character' has been tarnishing the game of pool for over 50 years......how's all that working out?
;)

Last edited: