John Schmidt 626 video Nov. 21 - semi-public (tickets required) viewing

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also, JS implied that they had approx. 20-25 people attend the first showing. Again, not bad. Maybe this idea is not a silly as some might believe.

25 people is only $1,250. That's really bad when you consider he could make a lot more just releasing the video with player commentary.

He could charge anywhere from $30 to $50 and a lot more than 25 people would purchase it.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Possibly....but it seems that 14.1 matters a bunch on AZB given the length of all these threads discussing JS's 626.

It’s more of a “see what someone said now” kinda thing. It’s the dark, petty, negative inner need that is fed by the internet these days.

I like 14.1 myself though. I’d definitely go to one of these viewings just for the experience. I’d also like to see the freakin video for free on YouTube already, it’s getting old Johnny B

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
25 people is only $1,250. That's really bad when you consider he could make a lot more just releasing the video with player commentary.

He could charge anywhere from $30 to $50 and a lot more than 25 people would purchase it.
But someone might rip it and put it up on YouTube, and in the 2 hours it's up before the copyright takedown claim goes through then a few people who wouldn't have bought the DVD anyway, costing Schmidt $0, might download it.

Can't let that happen.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But someone might rip it and put it up on YouTube, and in the 2 hours it's up before the copyright takedown claim goes through then a few people who wouldn't have bought the DVD anyway, costing Schmidt $0, might download it.

Can't let that happen.

Here's Accu-Stats store catalog for DVDs http://store.accu-stats.com/

and here's their on-demand catalog https://www.accu-stats.com/asvod.html

Go on youtube, and see how many of the matches in either catalog you can find.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Possibly....but it seems that 14.1 matters a bunch on AZB given the length of all these threads discussing JS's 626.

Making a passing comment, once a day or two, while enjoying a morning expresso, does not mean it matters to you one single tiny itty-bitty wit.

Lou Figueroa
I'm shaking the bush
Boss

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Hard

And that’s my point

Piracy of pool videos isn’t nearly the issue JS makes it out to be.

Got it. I don’t know anything about piracy or stealing digitally or duplicating things aside from desirable mycelium strains but it seems like it’s safe for him to come out with it.

Maybe he wants this private viewing thing to be the only option for a while then he’ll put out the business. I’m just going to put it out of my mind after this post until I hear it’s out or I forget it forever. Like the 6th book of A Song of Ice and Fire. Freakin dude

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any word on how the first one went?

Is it $100 because the first one did poorly and now he has to make up for it, or because it went so well and he wants to take advantage.

Its a $100 because Dragon needs his cut for advertising it with his World Championship event.

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
Making a passing comment, once a day or two, while enjoying a morning expresso, does not mean it matters to you one single tiny itty-bitty wit.

Lou Figueroa
I'm shaking the bush
Boss

Over 100 posts in just three threads related to JS’s 626 is a lot of “expresso”.

BJ
Doesn’t like posting about things for which I don’t care a single tiny itty-bitty wit.

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member

Not claiming that JS’s business model is optimal. But, if he enjoys traveling, meeting people (who may become future clients), while making a few hundred a pop, I see nothing wrong with that. You’re not going to get rich, but I don’t see many getting rich around here (at least not from pool).

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not claiming that JS’s business model is optimal. But, if he enjoys traveling, meeting people (who may become future clients), while making a few hundred a pop, I see nothing wrong with that. You’re not going to get rich, but I don’t see many getting rich around here (at least not from pool).

Yes, if he's enjoying himself, that's fine.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Over 100 posts in just three threads related to JS’s 626 is a lot of “expresso”.

BJ
Doesn’t like posting about things for which I don’t care a single tiny itty-bitty wit.

I was just speaking for meself.

Broadly speaking, my impression is that many others are joining the discussion later in the day and evening, enjoying something much more potent than an expresso ;-)

Lou Figueroa
smoke em
if you got em