Should Jump Cues be allowed

• Yes, they should be allowed

Votes: 82 47.7%
  • No, they should be banned

Votes: 90 52.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is a poll on Jump Cues. Vote Yes to keep them in the game or No to banish them.

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it adds excitement for a viewer or spectator. I vote good for the game

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think kicking should be emphasized so i voted no. I also know the results of this poll will NOT change anything.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Nobody hates jump cues more than I do, but there is a middle ground.

What I object to the most is jump cues being used to rescue players from their own position play errors.

A simple way to get rid of this problem is to allow jump cues to be used on the first shot of any trip to the table (including after a push out) but not subsequently. This means that if you hook yourself with poor position play, you can't switch to a three dimensional game unless you can jump with your regular playing cue.

I voted to get rid of jump cues, but if this rule were added, I could live with them.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What I object to the most is jump cues being used to rescue players from their own position play errors.

A simple way to get rid of this problem is to allow jump cues to be used on the first shot of any trip to the table (including after a push out) but not subsequently. This means that if you hook yourself with poor position play, you can't switch to a three dimensional game unless you can jump with your regular playing cue.

I voted to get rid of jump cues, but if this rule were added, I could live with them.
Agree; and i clicked the wrong button in error

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
For these purposes, how would a "jump cue" be defined?

One like this: comes with a Phenolic tip and Ferrule that provides optimal power and control when jumping. This Jump cue is 41” long and is 9oz.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
When jump cues are outlawed, only outlaws will have jump cues.

How is anybody going to banish jump cues "from the game"?

j13smiley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not opposed to having a seperate break cue and a playing cue... so I guess I can't be against a jump cue (even though I do not use one).

Mr Slate

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Silver Member
There are simply too many of them out there. We must get rid of them.........think of the children!!!! :grin-devilish:

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe Sammy Jones and Bob Meucci will come up with a buy back program. :thumbup:

Eliminate the "Jones Zone". :thumbup:

I'm not voting because I really don't care. If they are legal, I'll use them. If they are banned, I get a slot back in my case.

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Great Idea! Ive not thought of that but I love the Idea!

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I voted to keep them. I just don’t know what problem is being solved or what benefit is being gained by banning them. Fans love them. They always top the highlight reels. And I think people overestimate how much they change the game. It’s still tough to make a ball with them, and if you play a good safety, it can be almost impossible to jump at all.

I sometimes wonder on AZ’s ahem “aging” population how much opinion on stuff like this is just “in the goog old days...” thinking. “Back in the day I’d walk through the snow for 20 miles to play pool without a jump cue or a magic rack.”

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guess we could add some excellent jumping and kicking videos to see if that sways anyone's opinion. I am for jump cues. However, I am amazed watching pros kicking back and forth never leaving the other an open shot.

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True it can save someone from their own error. However, many times a player plays a safe because of their own error or fear of a shot. Which I hate more.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I voted no, but just because I'd rather not have to pack so much crap around when I go to play. I'd also be in favor of banning phenolic tips, for the same reason. It'd be nice to leave the house with a small case that holds one butt and two shafts instead of the monstrosity that I pack around now.