Any word from Dennis Searing....

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Southwest doesn’t core the cue and the last cue they built for me took 9 months , obviously they have had wood hanging for years.... regardless they are putting out ~400 cues a year..... Dennis 1 every 5 years unless you’re doing something for him.... there are people getting cues from him that didn’t even know his name till his first SBE show when we took all our cues up. I’ve tried to stay calm and patient with having this cue repaired. Dennis always told me he would never deal with cue flippers.... apparently that’s all he deals with now. These guys call him three times a day to stroke his ego about cue tips and meaningless shit....Unfortunately I believe it has turned him into a compulsive liar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"
I don't think South West builds but about 100 or so cues a year-
PROBABLY LESS-
The production number STARTS AT 300 …..
Not 1 , for some reason"

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Southwest ... putting out ~400 cues a year...

South West makes nowhere near that many cues in a year. In case you thought they did because of their numbering system, be aware that the numbers start each year at 300. So number, 412, for example, would be the 113th cue of that year.

Edit -- just read Duane's response covering the same ground.

Edit 2 -- spelling correction

Last edited:

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree

"
I don't think South West builds but about 100 or so cues a year-
PROBABLY LESS-
The production number STARTS AT 300 …..
Not 1 , for some reason"

You are correct on this and at one time I did know why they started at 300 but can't remember. It may have something to do with Jerry Franklins Birthday.

J$Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
South West makes no where near that many cues in a year. In case you thought they did because of their numbering system, be aware that the numbers start each year at 300. So number, 412, for example, would be the 113th cue of that year.

Edit -- just read Duane's response covering the same ground.

Ok so 150 a year.... lol

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
For the record... the BECUE ... is an awesome shaft lol

So is my Searing, Josey, Cognoscenti, Szamboti, Manzino, JF South West, and Tascarella :wink:

Of course just my opinion :smile:

On your situation, sending positive thoughts. I believe it'll end well.

J$Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So is my Searing, Josey, Cognoscenti, Szamboti, Manzino, JF South West, and Tascarella :wink:

Of course just my opinion :smile:

On your situation, sending positive thoughts. I believe it'll end well.

Thanks buddy

J$Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well Ladies and Gents.... this ship has finally sailed.... someone is buying me out .... I held out as long as humanly possible , hopefully he and Dennis can work something out

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well Ladies and Gents.... this ship has finally sailed.... someone is buying me out .... I held out as long as humanly possible , hopefully he and Dennis can work something out

"Well,
glad it finally came to some good conclusion for you....
I really think Dennis trys to do good for everybody-
He has such a demand for his cues and repairs-
He never gonna get caught up

J$Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Well,

glad it finally came to some good conclusion for you....

I really think Dennis trys to do good for everybody-

He has such a demand for his cues and repairs-

He never gonna get caught up

Trust me I understand the hole he’s in... and the fact he’s drowning in it.... but he needs to buckle down ... unplug the phone and lock the shop doors three days a week to turn and burn some wood for a change.... thanks for the insight everyone

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Would not buy a cue from him, Sly, southwest or anyone else that has a waiting list longer then 2 years or plays games not answering the phone or a email! That's just me. I ordered 2 cues from Mike Lambros and had them in hand 1 - 1 1/2 years time and they were awesome and play as good as anybody's!

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Trust me I understand the hole he’s in... and the fact he’s drowning in it.... but he needs to buckle down ... unplug the phone and lock the shop doors three days a week to turn and burn some wood for a change.... thanks for the insight everyone

" I think that is one of Dennis' short comings....
I had a cue on order with him,
and I would phone from time to time-
"He knew I had a little cue shop experience,
and what would be expected to be maybe 10 minute call-
Seemed to ALWAYS LAST MY ENTIRE 1 HOUR LUNCH BREAK-
Dennis always explaining and describing in derail his processes and shop equipment and purposes to TRY AND BUILD THE VERY BEST QUALITY CUE POSSIBLE...
ABSOULUTELY ONE OF THE BEST CUES BUILT,
IMO

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

:thumbup:

Jason

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For all you "questioners" and list "waiters", Dennis OWES you nothing. He alone decides what he builds and for whatever reason. As for the questioners, you don't deserve nor will get a cue in the first place so why waste your breath on deaf ears? As for the waiters, IMO you should feel lucky he even considered building you one and even luckier if he builds it....For all others, OP included, I'm confident your situations will end positively.

Skins, I've always admired your posts over the years but this sounds ridiculous and a bit pompous. I'll let it slide though, because the other 99.9 percent of your posts have been excellent.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For all you "questioners" and list "waiters", Dennis OWES you nothing. He alone decides what he builds and for whatever reason. As for the questioners, you don't deserve nor will get a cue in the first place so why waste your breath on deaf ears? As for the waiters, IMO you should feel lucky he even considered building you one and even luckier if he builds it....For all others, OP included, I'm confident your situations will end positively.

Edit-One of those most arrogant, brown nosing clueless posts i have ever seen but i have tempered my response and Im sure the OP feels very lucky right now.

Last edited: