Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Accessory reviews
Reload this Page Cuetec Bowtie Tip Shaper Tool
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#16)
8Ball48043
Addicted to the Sport
8Ball48043 has a reputation beyond repute8Ball48043 has a reputation beyond repute8Ball48043 has a reputation beyond repute8Ball48043 has a reputation beyond repute8Ball48043 has a reputation beyond repute8Ball48043 has a reputation beyond repute8Ball48043 has a reputation beyond repute8Ball48043 has a reputation beyond repute8Ball48043 has a reputation beyond repute8Ball48043 has a reputation beyond repute8Ball48043 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-14-2010, 02:37 PM

Here's a photo. In case anyone is interested.
Attached Images

Regards, 8-Ball in South Florida

Cues: Arnot Bocote and Birdseye Matched set.
Jump Cue: Custom Bocote Jump Handle on Arnot T3 shaft with phenolic tip.
Cases: Castillo 3x6 Deerskin leather hard case and matching 2x4 soft case.

Find me on FaceBook. On Twitter. And, on YouTube.

hmm I sell both "Tip-Pic" and "Bow Tie"
Old
  (#17)
DirtyIrish
Not even close to the OGs
DirtyIrish has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyIrish has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyIrish has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyIrish has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyIrish has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyIrish has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyIrish has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyIrish has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyIrish has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyIrish has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyIrish has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100
 Send a message via ICQ to DirtyIrish Send a message via Yahoo to DirtyIrish  
hmm I sell both "Tip-Pic" and "Bow Tie" - 11-26-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_the_Shark View Post
I was going to purchase just the little brass colored TipPik but was recommended to purchase this tool instead.

I have to say, for an all-in-one tool, it does its job pretty well. It has a shaper on one end, a scuffer on the other, and it unscrews in the middle to expose the sharp points.

It takes a second to unscrew, rather than just pulling a lid off like the TipPik, and it's a little thicker than a standard TipPik but still fits in the small pocket of your case just fine. I wouldn't carry it in your pocket because of its shape/size, but all in all, not too bad.
as my header says I sell Both and I sell what is the cheapest at the time,mostly-oh yeah for a few dollars more you can get a screw on cap (yes Virgina there is a Santa Clause) but that is not worth between $13 and 24
but for the rigjht price you can get anything
Irish

SEMPER-FI PLEASE DONT FORGET ........
POW/MIA

Old
  (#18)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-07-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUE-TOOLS.COM View Post
The hard parts about developing a 5 in 1 tool that you describe is #1 keeping the cost down and #2 it is hard to make a trimmer that the average do-it-yourselfer can use without causing damage to their ferrule. Once the tip is trimmed with a blade you still will need to sand it with several grades of fine sandpaper to make it smooth before burnishing it otherwise it can fray or if it's a layered tip the layers can separate. I am trying to create a tool that does it all but there are so many factors (Such as replaceable blades, making it accommodate various size tips, different tip thickness etc.) it is a difficult task.
I know I'm a little late to this party, but how is it going with the tool?

Jeff Livingston

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: