Black Beauty
Old
  (#1)
Michael Andros
tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Black Beauty - 07-11-2018, 01:15 PM

I posted a photo in the Red Circle thread but I felt she deserves her own thread. Has anyone ever played with one before? I've never seen or heard of a black cue ball. It is GORGEOUS. I'll find out tomorrow morning how she plays. Even though it's an Aramith, it was pretty inexpensive compared to both the Blue Circle and the Red Circle, so I'm not expecting it to play as well as either. That said, I'm not really sure just HOW a more inexpensive cue ball from Aramith would play. Will it not draw as well? Roll as far? Will it skid, slide more, etc? Does the cost reflect only the material used? And if so, how will that affect the quality of play?

I know one thing, though. She is going to be the Belle of the Ball tomorrow at the pool room. They'll be on her like seagulls on a french fry!

Name:  sgjnbncgfkfj.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  119.0 KB

Player: 1973 Meucci model QB-12 18.5 oz.
Player: 2017 Custom Meucci 18.5 oz
Player: 2016 Joss model 10-08 18.5 oz
Case: 1980 Fellini 1x2 black
Case: 2018 Katana 2x4 black

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

"If they don't make you post, bet high!"

~ Fat Randy ~

Last edited by Michael Andros; 07-11-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Old
  (#2)
Michael Andros
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

07-11-2018, 02:44 PM

Really? No one's ever heard of or seen this cue ball either?

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Fat Randy ~

Old
  (#3)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-11-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Andros View Post
Really? No one's ever heard of or seen this cue ball either?
Lots of people have heard and seen this cueball. Muellers sold it for years.

I never thought about buying one.

Freddie <~~~ shocking, I know

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension)
Breaking Cue:Gilbert

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#4)
Chuck Fields
Trouble in RiverCity
Chuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Fields has a reputation beyond repute

07-11-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerman View Post

Bingo! I think of them on par with those gimmick balls that roll in an arc. I dont buy anything I dont have a use for, so....

It's just a game, man. Some balls and a stick....

Playing cue: Pechauer 314-3
Break cue: Players
Case: JB Case

Old
  (#5)
Michael Andros

07-11-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerman View Post

I AM shocked!

I think it's just cool as dirt. I'm anxious to see how it plays tomorrow. The visual alone will be worth the price of admission!

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Fat Randy ~

Old
  (#6)
Michael Andros

07-11-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Fields View Post
Bingo! I think of them on par with those gimmick balls that roll in an arc. I dont buy anything I dont have a use for, so....
They were el cheapo. AND, if it plays well, I might use it some. We'll see.

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Fat Randy ~

Old
  (#7)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

07-11-2018, 03:02 PM

Iíve had a few of those over the years....
...I have bought and sold pool-size snooker sets...
...every set had a 2.25 black ball.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

https://www.facebook.com/skriptik/?ref=page_internal POOL PENS

Old
  (#8)
Michael Andros

07-11-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Iíve had a few of those over the years....
...I have bought and sold pool-size snooker sets...
...every set had a 2.25 black ball.
PT - yeah, as far as playing with the black snooker OB been there done that for a long long time.. But I've sure never seen, or even heard, of a regulation black cue ball. And I'm sitting here looking at it as I type this. The more I look at it, the more I like it. Will I use it from now on or, anything even close? Nahhh... but it sure is PURTY.

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Fat Randy ~

Old
  (#9)
Poodle of Doom
AzB Silver Member
Poodle of Doom has a reputation beyond reputePoodle of Doom has a reputation beyond reputePoodle of Doom has a reputation beyond reputePoodle of Doom has a reputation beyond reputePoodle of Doom has a reputation beyond reputePoodle of Doom has a reputation beyond reputePoodle of Doom has a reputation beyond reputePoodle of Doom has a reputation beyond reputePoodle of Doom has a reputation beyond reputePoodle of Doom has a reputation beyond reputePoodle of Doom has a reputation beyond repute

07-11-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Fields View Post
That, and I thought I'd mistakenly shoot the cue ball in with that pesky eight ball on the table.

Old
  (#10)
Michael Andros

07-11-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle of Doom View Post
That, and I thought I'd mistakenly shoot the cue ball in with that pesky eight ball on the table.
I'm only going to use it to practice and I always play alone, so even if I do mistake the cue for the 8, I still beat my opponent, every single game.

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Fat Randy ~

Old
  (#11)
Poodle of Doom
AzB Silver Member
Poodle of Doom has a reputation beyond reputePoodle of Doom has a reputation beyond reputePoodle of Doom has a reputation beyond reputePoodle of Doom has a reputation beyond reputePoodle of Doom has a reputation beyond reputePoodle of Doom has a reputation beyond reputePoodle of Doom has a reputation beyond reputePoodle of Doom has a reputation beyond reputePoodle of Doom has a reputation beyond reputePoodle of Doom has a reputation beyond reputePoodle of Doom has a reputation beyond repute

07-11-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
I'm only going to use it to practice and I always play alone, so even if I do mistake the cue for the 8, I still beat my opponent, every single game.
I beat my opponent every time too. That guy isn't any good.

Old
  (#12)
Michael Andros

07-11-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Zactly... in fact, truthfully? My opponent sucks. And I try my best to be honest with him and drop helpful pointers but it's like talking to a brick wall... c'est la vie.

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Fat Randy ~

Last edited by Michael Andros; 07-11-2018 at 05:45 PM.

Old
  (#13)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

07-11-2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
What is wrong wid youse guys?

I break even every time I play alone....and we split the table time.

Well, the ghost got me a few times....but I stiffed him

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

https://www.facebook.com/skriptik/?ref=page_internal POOL PENS

Old
  (#14)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
07-11-2018, 05:46 PM

I remember a buddy of mine told me he took a couple black beauties before he was going to play somebody. Said he was in the bathroom crapping his brains out for about 2 hours and lost quickly... No wonder

I had no idea they were that big

Old
  (#15)
Michael Andros

07-11-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
What is wrong wid youse guys?

I break even every time I play alone....and we split the table time.

Well, the ghost got me a few times....but I stiffed him

Break even??? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!! That's RICH!
The last time I broke even was when I voted for Carter over Ford!

Stiffed 'em, eh? Remind me to have you post the next time we play.

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Fat Randy ~

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: