Worst thing to happen to pool in recent memory?

Pangit

Banned
I'm thinking it's Kamui Chalk?

You have all these wanna be pro's paying 30 bucks a pop for a single cube? And "swearing" by it?

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
X2 about the chalk but there's a sucker born every minute. Kamui isn't scamming any GOOD players out of their money.
I disagree about the Magic Rack though. I don't own one but how can you argue with a rack that gives the players a perfect rack every time? If only it was faster...

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm thinking it's Kamui Chalk?

You have all these wanna be pro's paying 30 bucks a pop for a single cube? And "swearing" by it?

Oh yeah- a real tragedy- How can anything that isnt imposed on anyone be a bad thing? You have to want it and buy it-No one is shoving it down your throat.

Your post is ridiculous and obviously not thought out.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Oh yeah- a real tragedy- How can anything that isnt imposed on anyone be a bad thing? You have to want it and buy it-No one is shoving it down your throat.

Your post is ridiculous and obviously not thought out.

But then again, when are Pangit's "AZB tweets" anything but?

We should get this guy his own Twitter account to tweet his one-liner daily musings into. I think it would be called #bitbucket.

-Sean

TheThaiger

Banned
X2 about the chalk but there's a sucker born every minute. Kamui isn't scamming any GOOD players out of their money.
I disagree about the Magic Rack though. I don't own one but how can you argue with a rack that gives the players a perfect rack every time? If only it was faster...

It is faster, by far.

TheThaiger

Banned
That a$$hat who threw his cue and then danced on the table.

I'm glad his opponent didn't brain him. Nice to see one person with class.

dld

Yeah, how dare a pool player show a bit of emotion.

Thing to be banned from a pool hall #32,781: Life.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is faster, by far.

I watched about 40 games of the last world 9 ball tournament. I think there were 3 racks where the breaker failed to make the wing ball. I don`t think having a dead ball in the rack makes the game better. Boring.

JimmyWhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That a$$hat who threw his cue and then danced on the table.

I'm glad his opponent didn't brain him. Nice to see one person with class.

dld

Oh yeah. He was leading 12-5, then he almost blew it and almost lost the World Championship. He showed emotion, is it that bad?

Slh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched about 40 games of the last world 9 ball tournament. I think there were 3 racks where the breaker failed to make the wing ball. I don`t think having a dead ball in the rack makes the game better. Boring.

having the dead ball going in every rack makes the break less important. This means the best player should win and not the best breaker. I understand the break is a skill but many matches has been decided by who breaks better and not who plays better.
If the game becomes too easy it's because the game itself is too easy ( for the pros obviously), so you need to find something different to make the game harder, like tight pockets, or slower cloth, or a different game like 10 ball. Making the breaks harder results only in added luck which is the cancer (imo) of the rotation games.

Aaron_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree wholeheartedly, but I count that as a 9-ball problem rather than a magic rack problem. Plenty of guys can nail that wing ball a very high percentage of the time without the MR, so it seems to me that a perfect rack of 9-ball simply has a dead ball in it. Just another reason the game should should be left to the amateurs and league players, IMO.

Aaron

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where do I start?

Jump cues, Simonis billiard cloth on pool tables, APA, kareoke, pants

halfway down, iconic pool halls closed, poker, no pro tour, aiming system

scammers.

Did I forget anything?

TheThaiger

Banned
Wait ....

Seriously??

I never knew you didn't like Kamui chalk. :eek:

Please, tell us more. :rolleyes:

I might be wrong, but I don't think he likes LD shafts, either. Basically, nothing in his immediate sphere, and definitely nothing introduced after 1970.

Beware_of_Dawg

Silver Member
slop counts in 9 ball = meh.

not a recent memory thing I guess, could have been that way forever. but, it sucks. imho.

call pocket 9 ball / 10 ball should be the standard.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I might be wrong, but I don't think he likes LD shafts, either. Basically, nothing in his immediate sphere, and definitely nothing introduced after 1970.

I wonder if he likes girls who play 8-ball with custom cues?

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
First..POKER........Second...Every swinging Di@k thinking there a cue maker/cue repair guy buying a lathe and fu@king up more shafts and cues than I can count, you dont use 250 grt. sand paper to clean a shaft..........:mad:

Last edited: