wanted opinion

physicx

Registered
I am new to this site and i love it. I am curious and hoping to get feed back, i have 300-400$ to spend on a cue. I like Carolina Custom cues and the OB cues. Any chance i can get feed back on them which one you guys would prefer? thank you

cluelesscuer

I chose an OB cue for myself since I really like their shafts (which I think is the most important part of a cue) and having an ob cue makes easy to switch from any of their 4 shaft types. Though...I know their shafts are available for a lot if cues...don't know about Carolina cues.

Last edited:

bender_lu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
problem is: you give 2 choices: OB cues (and shafts) are low deflection designed shafts/cues.

carolina cues are custom cues with a full hard maple shaft (no laminate)

both will feel entirely different, play different, sound different.

so, my best advice is, try them out (if you have this oppurtunity)

I play atm with a carolina and i really like it. i never jumped on LD cues since most felt to whippy for me, but i also have to say i have never tried an OB cue or shaft. Your best option is clearly to try out as MANY cues as possible. dont limit yourself to only 2 options.

when you hit the CB with a cue and you feel "IT" (lets say the "love" :p ) you will know it :thumbup:

good luck with your research

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a big believer that when in doubt about what cue to buy then just get a Schon and don't look back.

Sculpture39

Registered
Depends on what level of deflection you're used to and depends on whether you want a production cue or a custom cue. I have a Carolina that hits a ton and is beautifully made. I feel that CC cues should go up in value because of many factors. I'm used to a maple shaft and ivory ferrules. That being said, buy the OB.
You can always sell it! The low deflection shaft is too tempting to pass up.