Cuetec announces Carbon Fiber tentative price and....

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure he then worked with Cuetec to get the shafts and cue setup properly for his use.

I hit with his old wooden shaft. To me, it "did not" feel like a standard Quetec shaft. I'm 99.9% certain it was special made simply going by how long the taper was to the sound/feel it had compared to cuetec cues that I've hit with beforehand with very similar tips.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hit with his old wooden shaft. To me, it "did not" feel like a standard Quetec shaft. I'm 99.9% certain it was special made simply going by how long the taper was to the sound/feel it had compared to cuetec cues that I've hit with beforehand with very similar tips.

I’ve heard him say it’s a standard off the shelf shaft but who knows.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How much are they asking for just the shafts and what joint options do they come in???

AlienObserver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fedor Gorst, who usually plays with a Revo, is currently playing at the Eurotoor Final with a Cuetec cue, with the new CF shaft.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fedor gorst, who usually plays with a revo, is currently playing at the eurotoor final with a cuetec cue, with the new cf shaft.

Capture.PNG...................

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fedor Gorst, who usually plays with a Revo, is currently playing at the Eurotoor Final with a Cuetec cue, with the new CF shaft.

But I guess you may not watched the recent WPC for youth in Moscow just a couple of weeks ago. He played at that event with a Cuetec and played great but...two of his opponents just played some great pool too. They were Zielinsky and Froehlich and managed to defeat him with there oldschool cues. I've watched those matches closely and once more had a great prove that in this game I love it is much much more about so many to mention and the "magic" cue does not give you such advantages as some equipment gives in some other sports.
I know Fedor a little and heard a lot of good things about him. He is just such a talent that could win either with Jacoby he played several years ago, or Predator, or Cuetec... just like the other such talents who give their hearts to the game. I guess they at the Predator are sorry they lost such great young talent.
But competition between those manufacturerers who offer these new tech stuff is definitely great and the more companies compete the better)

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted a new video covering many topics related to this thread, including a comparison of the new Cuetec CT-15K to the Predator Revo. Here it is:

NV J.12 - How to Select a Pool Cue, Cue Ball Deflection, Carbon Fiber, Revo vs. Cuetec
It appears on you follow through that your stroke goes off line and seems to steer the ball more offline. The same shot with me cue and it's regular deflection shaft, I know I can hit the ball with extreme left or right english and still contact the object ball.
Honestly, I was very disappointed when I saw (during video editing) how non-straight my follow through was with the first set of tests. However, I'm pretty sure I hit the CB fairly accurately with the off-line motion occurring well after the CB was gone (during the follow through). I also dropped my elbow and clanged the rail on one of the shots. Very embarassing.

Regardless, I am confident the second set of tests, where I measured and compared the natural pivot lengths, produced accurate results because the results were repeatable. Also, my stroke was better during theses tests (maybe I was more warmed up and/or more careful by then).
FYI, I just figured out what was causing my follow-through to veer off course, after watching slow-motion playback of some new footage I filmed yesterday:

When the tip hits the right side of the CB, sideways motion of the shaft (due to natural shaft flex) pushes it to the right against the thumb of my open bridge. Then the cue bounces to the left off the thumb causing the follow through to veer left, but the CB is long gone by the time this happens.

I sure was relieved when I saw this! :thumbup2:
I couldn't accept that my stroke was as bad as the video seemed to imply. :eek:

Regards,
Dave

Last edited:

prad

Flip the coin
Silver Member
Where to buy Cuetec CF shaft ?

Is seyberts gonna sell 'em ? Who would be a good online retailer to buy it from ?

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lifetime? Guess you haven't seen any of the Revos that have broken. Guy on FB posted a pic a while back of one that just broke, dead in the middle of the shaft. There's ZERO reason for these to cost 500bux. Engineers at both Aldila and Fujikura have told me that making a cue shaft would be much easier and cheaper than a golf shaft. Hey, if Pred can get 500bux for these things more power to 'em.

Great, I would like a price from your sources for the shaft blanks please, with an 11mm tip end and a .850 inch joint blank end.
Please PM me with a price for 40 blanks.
It will also need to have a layer of vibration dampening material as well.
PS a golf shaft and an arrow shaft do not work for a cue shaft.
Thanks Neil

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great, I would like a price from your sources for the shaft blanks please, with an 11mm tip end and a .850 inch joint blank end.
Please PM me with a price for 40 blanks.
It will also need to have a layer of vibration dampening material as well.
PS a golf shaft and an arrow shaft do not work for a cue shaft.
Thanks Neil
Nice. Wise-a^* . NEVER said a golf shaft would work or do you have trouble reading??? What the engineer at Aldila DID say is that due to the way a cue shaft is "loaded" during a hit it would most likely require much lower(insert the word "CHEAPER") modulus material. IF you could get them to make any(they are LARGEST golf shaft co. on planet and kinda busy) i would bet you'd have to order a few more than 40.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been down that road of arrow makers and golf shaft makers. The requirements of making a composite shaft , that plays better than a wood shaft, can not be made with the cheaper carbon or the current weaving technology or current pulltruded technology. Yes they can be made cheap, but those shafts do not perform better than a well made wood shaft. The latest in high speed photography show what is happening in wood cues versus carbon cues. Do a search for the various video's in slow motion hitting a ball. It is a lot more interesting if you dont have any preconcieved ideas of what you are looking at. And then look at the video's of what are we actually seeing here, and what new thngs can we be learning from this new data. Just looking at the tip itself is very enlightening to me, let alone the reaction of the cue shaft itself. I know what is involved in getting the correct layup for my cue shafts.The cheap materials make a shaft like the early carbon cues that were made in the very late 1980's and very early 1990's . They stopped making them because they did not play as well as a wood cue at the time. Since then , wood cues have improved, and now the carbon shafts have improved and they will get better.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please tell me who was making a carbon fiber cue in the 80s. I think your confusing fiberglass Cuetec garbage with what’s being made today.

I have been down that road of arrow makers and golf shaft makers. The requirements of making a composite shaft , that plays better than a wood shaft, can not be made with the cheaper carbon or the current weaving technology or current pulltruded technology. Yes they can be made cheap, but those shafts do not perform better than a well made wood shaft. The latest in high speed photography show what is happening in wood cues versus carbon cues. Do a search for the various video's in slow motion hitting a ball. It is a lot more interesting if you dont have any preconcieved ideas of what you are looking at. And then look at the video's of what are we actually seeing here, and what new thngs can we be learning from this new data. Just looking at the tip itself is very enlightening to me, let alone the reaction of the cue shaft itself. I know what is involved in getting the correct layup for my cue shafts.The cheap materials make a shaft like the early carbon cues that were made in the very late 1980's and very early 1990's . They stopped making them because they did not play as well as a wood cue at the time. Since then , wood cues have improved, and now the carbon shafts have improved and they will get better.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Please tell me who was making a carbon fiber cue in the 80s. I think your confusing fiberglass Cuetec garbage with what’s being made today.

The Balicini line from McDermott was carbon fiber. They were made in the 90s.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

They were made in Rotorua, New Zealand, by a company that was called Kilwell ltd. They made tube products. These were sold in a lot of countries.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... When the tip hits the right side of the CB, sideways motion of the shaft (due to natural shaft flex) pushes it to the right against the thumb of my open bridge. Then the cue bounces to the left off the thumb causing the follow through to veer left, but the CB is long gone by the time this happens.

I sure was relieved when I saw this! :thumbup2:
I couldn't accept that my stroke was as bad as the video seemed to imply. :eek:...
Which is related to something I noticed way back when I was first using side spin. When I had to use, say, left side but there was a ball just to the left of the cue ball and on this side of it crowding me, I would frequently foul that ball. Of course it was the cue ball pushing the stick to the side. If I had only understood what was going on I would have had some handle on squirt about 30 years earlier.

Lots of great discoveries begin by someone saying, "Well, that's strange."