World Cup of Pool 2019

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Feel sorry for Chile, really good team of unknown players!

I thinks Ko brothers are going to get this!

Poland looking strong. Putting the pressure on Shaw and Melling.

3-0

Greece and Canada final. What else would a Greek Canadian wish for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, you all are jinxing and putting commentators curse.

Of the remaining teams, 3 are former winners (GB, Austria, Philippines).
I want the sentimental favorite Holland to win cos they came so close twice.In particular, this painful loss in 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usYiKDZKcNo
Wouldn't mind other Greece or Spain to win also as they have not won before :grin:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Well Greece and Canada are out. Time to throw might support behind the Orange men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
93B1415F-38F7-4797-B26B-DD4E9F390A1B.jpeg

25BDEB9D-7667-4629-A5E2-E0BD753101A2.jpeg

:sad::sad::sad::banghead::speechless::indecisive:

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This WCP shows once again, that it is not enough to select two strong players and put it on a team together.
The semifinalists may not been the strongest teams in the tournament, but maybe the one with the best chemistry and the best team spirit between the pairs.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like you, I'd love to see Mario He win after his troubles.

... but let's not misplace the blame here, Matchroom did not disqualify him from participating in the Mosconi Cup. The fact is that Mario could have played in the Mosconi, but chose to disqualify himself. The World Cup of Pool is a Matchroom event, not a European Pocket Billiard Federation event, so if you feel Mario was wronged, it wasn't by the guys at Matchroom, but by the EPBF. Unlikely that the guys from EPBF are even present at this event.

I never said it was Matchroom, Stu. Never! :)

In fact, I believe this sentiment was expressed previously when the event occurred. Matchroom even came on the thread at that time, as I recall, and said it was not them. :)

But thanks for the reminder for the other AzB members. :)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Worse performance by top seeds ever. Probably first year that none of top 4 seeds in semi.
Spain is the “lucky” team -missed two 9 ball first match and two 8 ball vs GB. Yet they still stumbled into semi cos GB played worse gifting them 5 fouls. Melling and Shaw were just terrible.

1st semi starts in 10minutes (130pm London/830am Eastern)-Holland v Philippines
2nd semi - Austria v Spain

FINAL (630pm London /130pm Eastern)

:grin-square:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Emily Frazer just had a live chat on Facebook and stated it is race to 9.

Also, she said the show will be on Skysport and DAZN, and if you don't have it on TV, it will be available on Facebook live stream.

What does this mean, "available on Facebook live stream"? Her exact words, and I quote. "If you do not have it on TV, you will have it on Facebook stream as well."

I know the push is for subscription to DAZN or Skysport and not view pirated streams..

Does this mean if you subscribe you watch it on Facebook instead of TV? I don't get it.

Last edited:

Kev

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Emily Frazer just had a live chat on Facebook and stated it is race to 9.

Also, she said the show will be on Skysport and DAZN, and if you don't have it on TV, it will be available on Facebook live stream.

What does this mean, "available on Facebook live stream"? Her exact words, and I quote. "If you do not have it on TV, you will have it on Facebook stream as well."

I know the push is for subscription to DAZN or Skysport and not view pirated streams..

Does this mean if you subscribe you watch it on Facebook instead of TV? I don't get it.

Matchroom is streaming it live on their various facebook pages. Not sure if it's blocked in US though.

I'm watching it on this one:
https://www.facebook.com/usopen9ball/videos/3314249448600761/

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I have to work today and can't sweat the matches, but I must say the coverage on social media by Matchroom is excellent. The Matchroom website is also keeping all the action up to date.

Great event, as usual! I'm already looking forward to the next one and just hope I don't have to work that week so I can watch the entire event in its entirety.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matchroom is streaming it live on their various facebook pages. Not sure if it's blocked in US though.

I'm watching it on this one:
https://www.facebook.com/usopen9ball/videos/3314249448600761/

Amazing. I'm glad you are able to watch it. That's great that other countries do not have to pay. I hope you enjoy it to the fullest. It is a great event. :smile:

Yep, Americans are blocked, but it's okay with me. I have to work, anyway.

I will have to live vicariously through those who are fortunate enough to watch. Happy viewing to all!

I'm rooting for Austrians to win. :cool:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Live scores from the official site (no video):
https://cuescore.com/tournament/BetVictor+World+Cup+of+Pool/5688760

Link showing the live stream with English commentary (this one has been buffering periodically for me - still looking for a better link):
http://cricfree.ws/sky-sports-mix-live-stream

Thanks for sharing. I can't watch a free link because I vowed to not do it again.

I do believe it is unfair for Americans to have to pay DAZN and other countries can watch it for free.

It's not that I don't want to support pool, though. I don't have time to watch this week. But it does seem a wee bit odd that some are required to pay and others are not. I'm not sure I understand the logic, other than a contract was entered into by Matchroom and DAZN to have Americans pay for a subscription in hopes it will support pool as a whole.

I'm glad the other countries will get the opportunity, though, to see pool at its finest for free. I hope it brings more popularity to pool by mainstream folks too. I think Matchroom is doing an excellent job, the whole Matchroom team. Bravo!

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
This stream is pretty good quality, English commentary, and hasn't buffered yet for me for about ten minutes now. It also has a chat if you are into that. To go full screen you have to double click the video. It also loads with the video muted by default. To turn on the sound for the video you will have to double click the video to go full screen, and then you will see the volume control at the bottom left.
http://tv4embed.net/watch/skysports-mix-live-stream.php

Reactions: JAM

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I never said it was Matchroom, Stu. Never! :)

In fact, I believe this sentiment was expressed previously when the event occurred. Matchroom even came on the thread at that time, as I recall, and said it was not them. :)

But thanks for the reminder for the other AzB members. :)

Sorry. I misinterpreted you.

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing. I can't watch a free link because I vowed to not do it again.

I do believe it is unfair for Americans to have to pay DAZN and other countries can watch it for free.

It's not that I don't want to support pool, though. I don't have time to watch this week. But it does seem a wee bit odd that some are required to pay and others are not. I'm not sure I understand the logic, other than a contract was entered into by Matchroom and DAZN to have Americans pay for a subscription in hopes it will support pool as a whole.

I'm glad the other countries will get the opportunity, though, to see pool at its finest for free. I hope it brings more popularity to pool by mainstream folks too. I think Matchroom is doing an excellent job, the whole Matchroom team. Bravo!

Presumably its the same as every other sporting event, company X (in this case Matchroom) sells the rights to local providers around the world. Those local providers then decide how they want to show the event.

If no local provider has the rights to the event then Matchroom allow streaming in that country as it doesn't cost them anything and may attract future followers, generate more interest etc. If they've already sold the rights they obviously can't do that.

If it makes you feel any better, here in the UK we also have to pay to get Sky Sports, so its not free for us either!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Presumably its the same as every other sporting event, company X (in this case Matchroom) sells the rights to local providers around the world. Those local providers then decide how they want to show the event.

If no local provider has the rights to the event then Matchroom allow streaming in that country as it doesn't cost them anything and may attract future followers, generate more interest etc. If they've already sold the rights they obviously can't do that.

If it makes you feel any better, here in the UK we also have to pay to get Sky Sports, so its not free for us either!

Thanks for the reply, vjmehra. But isn't SkySports like a complement or part of one's cable subscription?

Here is USA, I have Comcast Xfinity. My other half likes all teh sports channels. So we have a sports channel subscription that is added onto our Comcast Xfinity. Is that what you mean? You have a cable subscription and must pay for SkySport like someone would for a prime channel such as HBO, Showtime, et cetera?

Just curious. :)