Advertising the amount of the bet in action online...

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
easy answer

A man came into the office of a car lot toting a pistol in his hand. Five people were in the office. Two forty-fives, a thirty-eight, a couple pistols of unknown caliber were produced. The man politely excused himself and left. Somehow I think that story might have some bearing on why high stakes pool games aren't held up. I seem to remember it being attempted in years gone by, I don't remember it working well.

Hu

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
100% of people viewing a post or poster about a big action match are aware that it's for pretty good money, whether it gets mentioned or not.

It's advertised as the rubber match for two previous matches, which both featured big bets, and those bets are common knowledge.

Nobody thinks two top players are shooting a race to 40 one pocket for $87.50. Or that anyone is charging 20 bucks to live stream a 200 dollar set.

Any would-be robber doesn't know the name of the backers, and even if they do, they don't know the money transport arrangements, or how much the player is personally pocketing, or even (according to some conspiracy theorists) if the amount mentioned is real.

The backers are not trying to keep their money secure by keeping its existence a secret. Everyone in the room knows about it.

And yes, it is a selling point for the stream.

Posted from Azbilliards.com App for Android

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There used to be a concern about the IRS finding out who won the cash. Did that ever cause a problem?

They gotta have bigger fish to fry right? Unless someone literally pokes the sleeping bear (like Full-Tilt commercials) it should be alright.