Any table mechanics in the DFW area?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Just need Simonis cloth installed on an 8' Brunswick.

Ask lots of questions! Most important question: Do you use the Simonis Factory Installation method?

You would be surprised how many guys out there use their "own way" and it is a waste of money to have Simonis if it is not installed correctly. Good luck to you!

trent from toledo

longhorns2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ask lots of questions! Most important question: Do you use the Simonis Factory Installation method?

You would be surprised how many guys out there use their "own way" and it is a waste of money to have Simonis if it is not installed correctly. Good luck to you!

trent from toledo

Thanks for the tip. So far people have recommended Barry Emerson and Shane Johnson, so I'll give them a call. The local store quoted me $550 for the cloth and install. You think I'd be in the same range having one of them come out?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Thanks for the tip. So far people have recommended Barry Emerson and Shane Johnson, so I'll give them a call. The local store quoted me $550 for the cloth and install. You think I'd be in the same range having one of them come out?

Stores are usually the least qualified to install Simonis. I would think the price is close to that, I would be at $600.00 for an 8'. I am confident that Shane Johnson knows the Simonis install method. Not taking anything away from Barry, but, I do not know who he is.

You would be surprised that even some of the big names use SPRAY GLUE when installing Simonis!!! They are also spraying it on top of the slate, a definite no no from what I have learned.

Seems like you are headed in the right direction! Just be sure to ask the right questions and you will get what you are supposed to.

Trent from Toledo

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Stores are usually the least qualified to install Simonis. I would think the price is close to that, I would be at $600.00 for an 8'. I am confident that Shane Johnson knows the Simonis install method. Not taking anything away from Barry, but, I do not know who he is.

You would be surprised that even some of the big names use SPRAY GLUE when installing Simonis!!! They are also spraying it on top of the slate, a definite no no from what I have learned.

Seems like you are headed in the right direction! Just be sure to ask the right questions and you will get what you are supposed to.

Trent from Toledo

Trent, without going into a lot of detail, what is the Simonis method of installing their cloth? I'm interested because I'm having my cloth changed after the holidays and would like to be better informed when I look for someone to do the job.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Trent, without going into a lot of detail, what is the Simonis method of installing their cloth? I'm interested because I'm having my cloth changed after the holidays and would like to be better informed when I look for someone to do the job.

Well, the short story is Simonis is not stretched end to end, rather, side to side first and then end to end. It involves measuring the index( stretch ) of the cloth, measuring/ marking the cloth and evenly stretching it in all directions.

Trent

Last edited:

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe the OP states he is in the DFW Dallas Fort Worth area?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

Go away troll. No one likes you or wants your input.

I was speaking to Rick and he is From Louisiana, I see that now from his profile.
Bye Felicia!

Trent

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's with you? Trent is a very well known table mechanic, who is one of the top notch installers anywhere. His information is spot on, for anyone needing table/cloth installation advice, whether he's in their area or not. He was perfectly aware that other posters were from different parts of the country. :angry:

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree. Trent is top notch. If he hasn’t told you then just ask him. Best at what he does.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
What's with you? Trent is a very well known table mechanic, who is one of the top notch installers anywhere. His information is spot on, for anyone needing table/cloth installation advice, whether he's in their area or not. He was perfectly aware that other posters were from different parts of the country. :angry:

Scott Lee

Thanks Scott! Thank You for the kind words. I was not going to say anything else to him. This guy is a first class TROLL.
Let's not feed him anymore attention or he will never go away.

Safe travels, will be on Indian Rocks Beach in January! Hope we can get together this trip!:thumbup:

Trent from Toledo

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trent...I will be there then. Looking forwards to getting together! Dinner at Crabby Bills!

Scott Lee

Safe travels, will be on Indian Rocks Beach in January! Hope we can get together this trip!:thumbup:

Trent from Toledo

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
From Trents info I have to say that Barry does it properly also.

Good to hear. It is so surprising how many installers stretch it end to end. It will always be loose in certain areas. The installation DVD's are $40 for the set. Any retailer of Simonis should MAKE their installers learn the correct method. It would be one thing if there were no DVD's, but, there are!

Trent from Toledo

longhorns2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the recommendations. I went with Barry Emerson at Pro Billiard Service and I'm glad I did. The table plays better than ever and they even ended up being cheaper than what Fort Worth Billiards quoted. Highly recommended.