McDermott I-Pro shafts and odd customer service...

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
On another job,a customer bought 3 new I-Pro shafts thru a dealer,and what showed up was NOT as advertised.

While the one shaft I worked on was much closer to 13mm than the 12.5,it was tapered in a VERY uncomfortable manner.

No bullshit,this unplayed shaft reminded me of the first time I had one of the original Bunjee jump cues in my hand,like it was meant to be a dedicated jumper.

The customer made the dealer retaper 2 of these in front of him,I was asked to forget the warranty concerns and make it playable,so I did.

He said the person on the phone when he called the factory told him those I-Pro shafts could not be turned down or retapered,and no refund or replacement could be offered unless the dealer ate it,at FULL retail of 359.00?

I did the work,but I've never heard of that coming from McD. Tommy D.

CuesRus1973

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On another job,a customer bought 3 new I-Pro shafts thru a dealer,and what showed up was NOT as advertised.

While the one shaft I worked on was much closer to 13mm than the 12.5,it was tapered in a VERY uncomfortable manner.

No bullshit,this unplayed shaft reminded me of the first time I had one of the original Bunjee jump cues in my hand,like it was meant to be a dedicated jumper.

The customer made the dealer retaper 2 of these in front of him,I was asked to forget the warranty concerns and make it playable,so I did.

He said the person on the phone when he called the factory told him those I-Pro shafts could not be turned down or retapered,and no refund or replacement could be offered unless the dealer ate it,at FULL retail of 359.00?

Not sure the full extent of the story here, but I doubt any factory will warrantee a shaft re-tapered anywhere else but in house.

CroweCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There is no way McD is going to cover those. If the dealer told this guy it could be done and messed it up, thats on him. Nothing done outside of the factory is covered.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

From what I understand those I-Pro shafts have more of a "European" taper...not exactly what we usually call a "pro taper".

All their "high performance" shafts have a carbon core. The big difference between the models is the taper and tip size AFAIK.

From what I understand, if you don't like the taper, you bought the wrong model.

I would think that if the specs were not liked or not as expected, an exchange would/should be offered by the dealer.

Retapering a brand new "engineered" shaft when other models are available seems odd to me.

Strange the tip size was so far off. You would think that would get McD's attention.