Support the BEF and help spend Dr. Dave's, Bob's, Jeremiah's, and Tom's money

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
The purpose for this annual thread is to rally support for the Billiard Education Foundation (BEF). This is a good time of year to do this since the BEF will be hosting the Junior Nationals Tournament in New Orleans July 10-14, 2018. This event can't happen every year without financial support.

To help provide encouragement to people to contribute, Bob Jewett, Jeremiah Gage, Tom Riccobene, and I will match all AZB contributions up to a total of $2000 ($500 each) between now and the end of June, 2018.

The BEF is a great organization and a good "cause." They support numerous Junior State Championships and the Junior National Championships, and they sponsor juniors to attend the WPA World Junior Championships. The BEF also encourages juniors to stay in school and further their education while building and maintaining a lifelong love of billiards through the “Pool In School” program. For more information, visit the BEF website.

To contribute and trigger a match from me, Bob, Jeremiah, and Tom, make your contribution on the BEF donation page and post your amount here (or send me a PM if you prefer to remain anonymous). The BEF will verify the donated amounts and I will keep an updated total in this thread.

FYI, the BEF is a non-profit organization and your gift will qualify as a charitable donation, which you can claim as a tax deduction.

Please contribute whatever you can, even if it is only a few bucks.

Thank you in advance for your generosity and for supporting the BEF. Young players are the future of pool and they need and deserve our support.

Best regards,
Dave, Bob, Jeremiah, and Tom

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's the list of people who contributed last year:

Tennesseejoe - $50
bbb - $50
Poolhall60561 - $100
Brokedryagain - $100
9andout - $50
Lynch - $50
JC - $200
RandyinHawaii - $100
Icon of Sin - $20
tc in l a - $25
alphadog - $100
Player - $20
Mooneye - $50
12squared - $50
mchnhed - $20
klone - $325
K2Kraze - $250
mchnhed - $20
K2Kraze - $100
BC21 - $100
bes - $200
pab - $100
gsm1sw - $420
Shermanscs - $50

Subtotal: $2550

with $2500 in matching funds provided by:
Dr. Dave Alciatore - $500
Bob Jewett - $500
Jay Helfert - $500
Jeremiah Gage - $500
Tom Riccobene - $500

Grand total raised for the BEF and Juniors last year: $5050

Hopefully, you guys (and others) are able to help again this year.

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
just sent $50
Thank you for being the first to contribute! Hopefully, there will be many more.

Here is what we have so far:

bbb - $50

Subtotal: $50

Match from Dr. Dave, Bob, Jeremiah, Tom (up to $2000 max): $50

Grand total raised for the BEF and Juniors so far: $100

Keep the contributions coming,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Donated $50
Thank you for being the second to contribute. If I remember right, you were first last year. bbb beat you to it this year. Thanks again!

bbb - $50
Tennesseejoe - $50

Subtotal: $100

Match from Dr. Dave, Bob, Jeremiah, Tom (up to $2000 max): $100

Grand total raised for the BEF and Juniors so far: $200

Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
bump for the weekend users:

The purpose for this annual thread is to rally support for the Billiard Education Foundation (BEF). This is a good time of year to do this since the BEF will be hosting the Junior Nationals Tournament in New Orleans July 10-14, 2018. This event can't happen every year without financial support.

To help provide encouragement to people to contribute, Bob Jewett, Jeremiah Gage, Tom Riccobene, and I will match all AZB contributions up to a total of $2000 ($500 each) between now and the end of June, 2018.

The BEF is a great organization and a good "cause." They support numerous Junior State Championships and the Junior National Championships, and they sponsor juniors to attend the WPA World Junior Championships. The BEF also encourages juniors to stay in school and further their education while building and maintaining a lifelong love of billiards through the “Pool In School” program. For more information, visit the BEF website.

To contribute and trigger a match from me, Bob, Jeremiah, and Tom, make your contribution on the BEF donation page and post your amount here (or send me a PM if you prefer to remain anonymous). The BEF will verify the donated amounts and I will keep an updated total in this thread.

FYI, the BEF is a non-profit organization and your gift will qualify as a charitable donation, which you can claim as a tax deduction.

Thank you in advance for your generosity and for supporting the BEF. Young players are the future of pool and they need and deserve our support.

Best regards,

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Straight Pool

Best regards,

Do you have any Straight Pool Leagues on 9' like they do in other Countries for our younger generation yet Dave? If so - I'm might be interested.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do you have any Straight Pool Leagues on 9' like they do in other Countries for our younger generation yet Dave? If so - I'm might be interested.
I'm not directly involved with the BEF (although, I was on the Board of Trustees in the past). I just organize this annual AZB fund-raising drive to help them support the juniors. I'm not aware of any plans the BEF might have to support junior straight pool leagues. I hope you and others consider showing support for our juniors anyway.

Regards,
Dave

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
In for $50 again Dave.
Thanks! Great that you're doing this.
Thank you!

bbb - $50
Tennesseejoe - $50
9andout - $50

Subtotal: $150

Match from Dr. Dave, Bob, Jeremiah, and Tom (up to $2000 max): $150

Grand total raised for the BEF and Juniors so far: $300

Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
$25 sent.

Thank you for your work on this program.

Tony Centi
Thank you!

Here's what we have so far:

bbb - $50
Tennesseejoe - $50
9andout - $50
tc in l a - $25

Subtotal: $175

Match from Dr. Dave, Bob, Jeremiah, and Tom (up to $2000 max): $175

Grand total raised for the BEF and Juniors so far: $350

Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm in for 2 bills

JC
Thank you!

bbb - $50
Tennesseejoe - $50
9andout - $50
tc in l a - $25
JC - $200

Subtotal: $375

Match from Dr. Dave, Bob, Jeremiah, and Tom (up to $2000 max): $375

Grand total raised for the BEF and Juniors so far: $750

Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you!

bbb - $50
Tennesseejoe - $50
9andout - $50
tc in l a - $25
JC - $200

Subtotal: $375

Match from Dr. Dave, Bob, Jeremiah, and Tom (up to $2000 max): $375

Grand total raised for the BEF and Juniors so far: $750

Dave
Let's get some Sunday contributions going.

Any amount is welcome,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
$100 from me
Thank you!

bbb - $50
Tennesseejoe - $50
9andout - $50
tc in l a - $25
JC - $200
pab - $100

Subtotal: $475

Match from Dr. Dave, Bob, Jeremiah, and Tom (up to $2000 max): $475

Grand total raised for the BEF and Juniors so far: $950

Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member

Best regards,
Let's keep the contributions coming.

Any amount (even $5 or $10) is helpful and shows support for junior programs.

Here's the latest:

bbb - $50
Tennesseejoe - $50
9andout - $50
tc in l a - $25
JC - $200
pab - $100

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member

Best regards,

Let's keep the contributions coming.

Any amount (even $5 or $10) is helpful and shows support for junior programs.

Here's the latest:

bbb - $50
Tennesseejoe - $50
9andout - $50
tc in l a - $25
JC - $200
pab - $100

I'll keep bumping this thread to give more people the opportunity to show their support for junior programs.

Please contribute whatever you can. Any amount is helpful.

Thanks,
Dave