U'skin Ivory..................

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a quick first impression of Tom's new tip. I put on a soft and i'm usually a medium user so initial feel was pretty foreign. After about 45min i started to really dig the softer hit. This tip REALLY holds chalk well. What i really like is the feeling of the ball being on the tip just a tad longer. I think Tom has another winner here. Good tip and a really good price. I got three on ebay for 15bux delivered. Ordered them Friday and got them yesterday! Great service.

BJK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. I've played UltraSkin black (soft) on a 314-2 for a while. I had the chance to hit with an Ivory on a 314-3 the other day and fell in love immediately. I ordered an assortment of Ivory tips from Tom today (10 for $25 are you kidding me!?!) for a 314-3 I'm buying from a friend.

Can't. Freaking. Wait.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have installed 2 IVORY-
cut/machine very nice, smooth- easy to work with-
Of course Tom ALWAYS GREAT SERVICE TOO !

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ivory update: Well, i just wasn't getting the feedback i wanted from the soft so i had the medium installed(thanks to AZ'r D. Remick). WOW. This tip rocks. Firm without being too hard. Nice "click" on impact. Holds chalk just like the soft. Cue is a Mezz AXI-K with a WX-700 shaft. Highly recommend trying Tom's new tips.

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking to try some of these.
What is the difference between the black and ivory? (besides color for the comedians)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking to try some of these.
What is the difference between the black and ivory? (besides color for the comedians)
Ivory is a tad softer. Not much but a little. Great tips. Just put one on a Schuler and it hits awesome.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Great tips ... Better than kaumi ss tips in my opinion ...

I've had several requests for Kaumi tips from my league mates; I always recommend Toms black tips, instead. Everyone, even very advanced players who have used Kamui tips in the past, rave about how good they are at the fraction of the price. For those wanting something softer, I recommend the Ivory. They're great tips.

Ty Arnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now that the ivory have been out for awhile. Those who have played both black and ivory which do you prefer and why? I hear the ivory play softer but any other differences?

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I prefer medium tips and ordered 5 ivory mediums and 5 black mediums from Tom. I started with a black medium on my Meucci Carbon Pro. Well, I can't find any faults whatsoever. This tip doesn't mushroom, holds chalk like a magnet, and "connects" with the cue ball better than many other mediums I have tried over the years. I am 100% satisfied with this tip. I don't know what to do with the ivory mediums I bought but, at Tom's price, I can install them on my teammates' cues, N.C.