Shane Vanboening vs Jayson Shaw

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I thought I heard CJ say SVB wants to play him again , I find that comical since Chang's team was at the DCC wanting to play anybody for any amount and all they heard was crickets, till Filler stepped up for a small game ,,
I'm not so sure Shane wants any parts of him either , however he might like the pace of fillers game better , but he better catch that game soon because Fillers upside is infinity with a wife that plays pro pool also he's truly living the life of pool sky's the limit for him

What was the score between SVB & Chang?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That's my understanding but I can't say for sure , SJM might know more , for some reason or another when they played it flew under the radar but from what I hear its been more than once

No, they didn't play a race to 100, not even a race to 50 either. Someone will correct me, but I think they played a race to 21, which is not even in the same ball park as a race to 100 is, of which SVB has only lost in that format on a 9ft table.....once, to Alex, in which he roasted Alex the next time they played.

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, they didn't play a race to 100, not even a race to 50 either. Someone will correct me, but I think they played a race to 21, which is not even in the same ball park as a sace to 100 is, of which h SVB has only lost in that format on a 9ft table.....once, to Alex, in which he roasted Alex the next time they played.

Idk for sure they said long races 21 hardly would be that but who knows , someone does though,
One thing for sure Chang is light yrs ahead of Shaw in high stakes gambling ,

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, they didn't play a race to 100, not even a race to 50 either. Someone will correct me, but I think they played a race to 21, which is not even in the same ball park as a race to 100 is, of which SVB has only lost in that format on a 9ft table.....once, to Alex, in which he roasted Alex the next time they played.

And once to Earl on a 10 ft , gaff table blah blah blah , those TAR matches were basically on his home table where the comfort level for him was high ,

realkingcobra

Silver Member
And once to Earl on a 10 ft , gaff table blah blah blah , those TAR matches were basically on his home table where the comfort level for him was high ,

Sorry, but the first time Shane beat Earl 100-60 wasn't on the Tar table, and Shane beat Cory 100-70 on the same table....in Sioux Falls, SD. The matches took place at Lucky's sports bar & grill on a factory built Diamond 9ft ProAm with standard Pro cut pockets, I should know, I installed the table down stairs by myself.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

Actually, I believe Chang beat him in two different races to 100 over the past three years, but both of those matches were played in Asia. I don't know the scores, but perhaps one of our posters from Asia would know.

Their most recent matchup was about three months ago. In Houston at Bogie's during the first week of May, they played a race to 50 and the 50-44 score belies how soundly Chang beat SVB. Chang led 45-31 at one point and then 48-39. Chang limped home for a 50-43 victory, but this was a blowout to the trained eye.

Finally, it's also true that Shane ducked Chang at Derby City this year, with Chang's team practically begging him to play a ten ball match for 30K. I was there so I know.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
They played a race to 50 in May of this year. Chang outscored SVB 25-11 on the first day; SVB outscored Chang 32-25 on the second day. Verdict to Chang 50-43.

Details here: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=493199

I wasn't 100% sure if they raced to 50 or not, but that is not a run away score, and certainly not an indication as to how a race to 100 would end up.

Archer beat Shane 2 out of 3 races to 25 as well, but in the end the score was 57 to 57. Archer would have never won in a race to 100.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I wasn't 100% sure if they raced to 50 or not, but that is not a run away score, and certainly not an indication as to how a race to 100 would end up.

Yes, it was a massacre. Chang led 45-31 and limped to the finish line, but SVB was very soundly beaten in that one.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Actually, I believe Chang beat him in two different races to 100 over the past three years, but both of those matches were played in Asia. I don't know the scores, but perhaps one of our posters from Asia would know.

Their most recent matchup was about three months ago. In Houston at Bogie's during the first week of May, they played a race to 50 and the 50-44 score belies how soundly Chang beat SVB. Chang led 45-31 at one point and then 48-39. Chang limped home for a 50-43 victory, but this was a blowout to the trained eye.

Finally, it's also true that Shane ducked Chang at Derby City this year, with Chang's team practically begging him to play a ten ball match for 30K. I was there so I know.
So how does a 50-43, 7 game lead indicate a blow out in a race to 100??

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You are allowed to disagree, but in my view, a race to 50 that reaches 45-31 isn't competitive. Of course it's a matter of opinion!

So, at a midway point in a race to a 100, with a score of 50-43.....that's a blowout to you???

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You are allowed to disagree, but in my view, a race to 50 that reaches 45-31 isn't competitive. Of course it's a matter of opinion!

You do realize that at 45-31....Shane won 12 game to 5 against Chang to make the score 50-43....right??

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That's pretty much in line from what I heard mum was the word for what ever reason the 50 we know about and no guestion as I know several of Roys crew at the DCC told me Shane's group wanted no part of any action with him

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That's pretty much in line from what I heard mum was the word for what ever reason the 50 we know about and no guestion as I know several of Roys crew at the DCC told me Shane's group wanted no part of any action with him

Maybe its because SVB don't want no part of short races. Shane has never turned ANYONE down in a race to 100, EVER!!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In an interview after he beat Shaw yesterday, Shane said he wants to play Chang to 125 for $100,000.

[or was it even more than that?]