List of Missouri State 9 Ball Champions

Hustler85

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just curious if anyone has a list of the past winners. Used to have one but got lost with other possessions. Any help is appreciated.

Stew_Pidaso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just curious if anyone has a list of the past winners. Used to have one but got lost with other possessions. Any help is appreciated.

Here is a poster with all the past champions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,512

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a poster with all the past champions.

Some recognizable names on that list. Most impressive was Tom Ferry who won it while suffering from a terminal illness. He used to post here as oldhasbeen.

Tom was a hard core hustler in his day but my impression of him was he didn't dump on his friends. Before I got to know him very well he passed away. I don't think many people knew he was sick.

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
The 2011 Champ is a life-long friend of mine. We've never been out of touch in the 30 years we've known eachotehr. As a matter of fact, I talked to him just the other day.

Hustler85

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everybody I know and play regularly with 1986 and 1987 champions. Good people on the list.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know several on that list......

One Dave Hathman if I remember right, played APA in Springfield Missouri when I was just starting to play pool.

That is a lions den of players.

Thanks for sharing.

Ken

rookie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know several of the guys on here as well two of them are from my hometown.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Some recognizable names on that list. Most impressive was Tom Ferry who won it while suffering from a terminal illness. He used to post here as oldhasbeen.

Tom was a hard core hustler in his day but my impression of him was he didn't dump on his friends. Before I got to know him very well he passed away. I don't think many people knew he was sick.

Tom Ferry certainly had a bag full of tricks, he beat me in the finals, I was 17 at the time.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Two names that surprise me for not being on the list are Danny Harriman and Jamie Martin.

I have many good memories playing with some of them on the list when I lived in Missouri.

klockdoc

ughhhhhhhhhh
Silver Member

Tom won it the first time he ever played it and then again when they let previous champs back in. Great player.

klockdoc

ughhhhhhhhhh
Silver Member
Two names that surprise me for not being on the list are Danny Harriman and Jamie Martin.

I have many good memories playing with some of them on the list when I lived in Missouri.

Two that surprise me are Chuck Raulston and Mike Banks Jr.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Some players were barred from the event over the years - that's why you have names missing. No offense to those that won it recently but the title used to mean much more.

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
I also know Darren Everett, I'm not sure how I missed him the first time I looked over the list. He is a hell of a good table mechanic as well as a player.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Some players were barred from the event over the years - that's why you have names missing. No offense to those that won it recently but the title used to mean much more.

Not sure why Danny was barred. But Jamie Martin has played regularly and has not won it. Jamie ran 6 racks on me once in a tournament.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure why Danny was barred. But Jamie Martin has played regularly and has not won it. Jamie ran 6 racks on me once in a tournament.

Since you mentioned Jamie I will tell you a story about him.

As I said I was just starting to get around pool in Springfield, Missouri. Jamie was known by alot of the pool room owners by his break that he shot, and the cueball would go up into the pool light and bust the bulbs.....I have seen him do it more than once.

Secondly, imagine playing in a pool tournament in a small pool room and having a calcutta and Danny Harriman getting picked 3rd.....yep. But you had Dave Matlock and Darrin Everett getting picked before Danny was....:eek:. It gets even better, none of those (3) won it.....Snooker John won it, and they broadcast the finals match on local TV.....

Talk about a lions den...:smile:

I was just an APA 3. Hell, I thought everyone played like those guys.

Ken