If not Simonis, than what?

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Championship tour edition 3030 in a good even playing cloth. Lasts a long time too. I like it better than simonis. It wears better and isn't quirky like simonis

Thanks, this was my first go to choice but unfortunately no grey color available and grey it has to be.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just for fun and to reach back and see what pool used to be like when you had to have a stroke, go with something nappy. Try heavy wool cloth. I think Mali made it.

No thank you. If its a 7ft bar box I would but I like a worsted cloth. I would love a 9ft table too but unfortunately no room for it, as a matter of fact a 8ft will be tight with my long cue as it is.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The price is tempting but I m a firm believer in you get what you pay for. Looking at the pic of the cloth it looks so thin, like thinner than Simonis 760 which to me is too fast.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
With a 55/45 blend its probably really fast. 760 is 70/30. Higher nylon content normally equates to more speed.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With a 55/45 blend its probably really fast. 760 is 70/30. Higher nylon content normally equates to more speed.
I played on a table that ironically is at the house I'm closing on on Wednesday. The table had cloth like this on it and the cue ball slid so much. My guess is he used this or a similar brand cloth.

bubbaandthem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a secret society I need to be a part of time know where to buy this cloth? Because I searched the web and could ot find it.

I bought some 2 years ago for my new table. Plays great

I found an email address and got a quote for $150 including shipping from South Korea to Australia.

I bought the Sky Blue color which seems identical to Simonis Tournament Blue colour.

At the time they also had Coffee Brown, Silver Blue, Deep Blue and Bottle Green.

The email I used was mintable@naver.com

Welcome to the secret society.

Last edited:

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought some 2 years ago for my new table. Plays great

I found an email address and got a quote for $150 including shipping from South Korea to Australia.

I bought the Sky Blue color which seems identical to Simonis Tournament Blue.

At the time they also had Coffee Brown, Silver Blue, Deep Blue and Bottle Green.

PM me if you want the email address.

Welcome to the secret society.
I contacted them via their FB page and was quoted $160 plus $45 shipping. At $205 I m now on the fence between this and ProForm.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
table

just get the proform and do the damn thing. contact craig herman, he is is surprise and knows his tables.

Rob.M

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
just get the proform and do the damn thing. contact craig herman, he is is surprise and knows his tables.

Rob.M

Agreed! ProForm505 is a great economical cloth. Good durability, installs similar to Simonis 860HR (tight stretch), and the price is very low. Speed is also similar to 860HR.

I install a ton of it.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed! ProForm505 is a great economical cloth. Good durability, installs similar to Simonis 860HR (tight stretch), and the price is very low. Speed is also similar to 860HR.

I install a ton of it.
I think I've have heard enough, ProForm is what I will install.

A little side note is a friend of mine who also has an 8' table very similar to mine is installing ProForm too. And since he is the only friend I have in our new home of AZ having his table be almost identical to mine will be nice. I think I even convinced him since we installed new accufast cushions yesterday to go with the 3/8" 50A neoprene facings like I am. Our table will be nearly identical to play on.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If Simonis 860/860HR is not an option for you whether it be cost or availability, what would you go with as a backup? Bear in mind I am asking (obviously) because I want the best bang for the buck but without the hefty price tag for a home table to just have for family fun and knocking a few balls around here and there.
Just my opinion but there is no substitute for simonis 860. On a home table
it will last for years. So spend the extra 100 to 200 and get the best

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just my opinion but there is no substitute for simonis 860. On a home table
it will last for years. So spend the extra 100 to 200 and get the best
I agree. He will always regret it if he doesn’t go with Simonis. I’ve tried various other brands of worsted cloths, not to save $ but to see if I could find a cloth I actually liked better than Simonis 860 HR in terms of playability as well as durability. inevitably, I always come back to Simonis.