This needs to stop

ROG

Registered
I come to this site to learn more about the game of pool that I love to play . I do not have a lot of time to spend on the computer each day so all this crap with all the fighting needs to stop . I thought this was an instructional forum not a jerry springer one . I've learned a lot since I found AZ BILLIARDS and this forum . I would like to thank everyone for all that I've learned from here including the instructor that I found on here that came to my home for private lessons . Can't we all just get along and have our own opions and move on .

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Amen!

it s very sad what happened in the last 12 months (plus/minus). Several knowledged guys stopped *supporting*. Especially in the 14.1 and the instructor forum.

I get myself also a bit more out of the clash and act a bit more often with a pm, if it is clearly to see, that someone really is looking badly for help. Me also don t want to waste my time with stupid cyber-wars or *who has the longest* threads.

lg
Ingo

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While it may not seem so the last day or two, I very much agree. However, over the last year or so I have noticed that several people who should be valued members of the community have been driven off by a few people with their own agenda.

I sincerely appreciate the posts by some of the noteworthy people in pool and billiards. They have not only made significant contributions to the sport they take the time to provide their unique insights here on AZB.

I try to ignore the comments of some posters but at times, especially when we appear to be losing another significant member, I come out of my usual mode and try as best I can to defend against wrecking one of my favorite places on the internet.

We have lost many great posters due to the comments by a few. This has to stop or there will not be an interesting forum to use.

Like many others, I too spend less time here than I used to because of all of the acrimony. Sometimes I feel like a voice in the dark. It would appear the end of a great forum is coming and that is truly a shame. On occasion it makes me angry, more often I am just sad to see the way things are turning out.

I guess there is no way to stop it as some of these people are relentless and they are slowly turning the forum into a vehicle for their own agenda.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
While it may not seem so the last day or two, I very much agree. However, over the last year or so I have noticed that several people who should be valued members of the community have been driven off by a few people with their own agenda.

I sincerely appreciate the posts by some of the noteworthy people in pool and billiards. They have not only made significant contributions to the sport they take the time to provide their unique insights here on AZB.

I try to ignore the comments of some posters but at times, especially when we appear to be losing another significant member, I come out of my usual mode and try as best I can to defend against wrecking one of my favorite places on the internet.

We have lost many great posters due to the comments by a few. This has to stop or there will not be an interesting forum to use.

Like many others, I too spend less time here than I used to because of all of the acrimony. Sometimes I feel like a voice in the dark. It would appear the end of a great forum is coming and that is truly a shame. On occasion it makes me angry, more often I am just sad to see the way things are turning out.

I guess there is no way to stop it as some of these people are relentless and they are slowly turning the forum into a vehicle for their own agenda.

Agree Joe,

i ve been talking latley with a very good friend, who quit here completley. I understand him 100%
-- but he also accepts my opinoin. And this is that i don t want to let some intolerant idiots *dictate* what i like to do.
As i said i read a bit more carefully and i think twice before i post now-- but for sure i won t quit at all. AZB is still my favourite forum- and i found lots of great guys here and also found a few real good friends.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
I come to this site to learn more about the game of pool that I love to play . I do not have a lot of time to spend on the computer each day so all this crap with all the fighting needs to stop . I thought this was an instructional forum not a jerry springer one . I've learned a lot since I found AZ BILLIARDS and this forum . I would like to thank everyone for all that I've learned from here including the instructor that I found on here that came to my home for private lessons . Can't we all just get along and have our own opions and move on .

Thank you for that post.

Cbrown1

Registered
There was a bar in my town that a small group of locals were regulars in. They sat there everyday smoking and making sarcastic comments to anyone new that came in and making them feel unwelcome. Every conversation that came up, they disagreed, were combative, and knew more than anyone else. The owner felt like they were his core business and the locals wielded it for even greater power. The locals eventually choked the business out making it their private club and the bar went out of business.

I’ll just leave this here.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a bar in my town that a small group of locals were regulars in. They sat there everyday smoking and making sarcastic comments to anyone new that came in and making them feel unwelcome. Every conversation that came up, they disagreed, were combative, and knew more than anyone else. The owner felt like they were his core business and the locals wielded it for even greater power. The locals eventually choked the business out making it their private club and the bar went out of business.

I’ll just leave this here.

This is a good example of putting a false value on certain regular customers or forum dwellers.

- Our local room has a few characters, regulars who are abusive to anyone they play in house leagues and drive some away. People come for fun and a challenge, not to pay money for an unpleasant evening.

- As this applies to AZ, many who frequented this forum don't visit and the more that it is dominated by a few and in some cases with little or nothing to contribute or simply to argue or criticize, it drives even more people away.

I've always been a vocal supporter of AZ, but the last 6 months especially it sometimes feels like a private blog run by the same handful of people.

The Aiming Forum was rendered useless by trolls, the sales forum died a few years ago, and if you use the "New" search button to retrieve the latest updated threads/posts, you often find that NPR posts dominate.

Maybe forum platforms have run their course and there is no turning-back from Facebook, but I would encourage the powers that be take a hard look at their goals and how they envision the future of AZ, make changes and rules and enforce them.