Looking for a Jackpot cue

goin2bepro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Made a deal, no longer looking. Thanks!

I got $600 to spend one. Hear they play great! Can someone get me one or a ebony merry widow with the same
specs for less?

Last edited:

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want one too but it has to have the JackPot branding.

I'm being serious too.

This cue is infamous now and I want one.

$100

goin2bepro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry

Sorry guys, I've been looking on the forums but haven't really been keying in on these. Just read all the posts and I can see it both ways. It's a shame that Schmelke doesn't raise their prices considering they're made in the USA at a pretty low production rate compated to others and some people are buying mass quantity Chinese cues like Lucasi at the same price but don't question it.

Sorry guys, I've been looking on the forums but haven't really been keying in on these. Just read all the posts and I can see it both ways. It's a shame that Schmelke doesn't raise their prices considering they're made in the USA at a pretty low production rate compated to others and some people are buying mass quantity Chinese cues like Lucasi at the same price but don't question it.

A Lucasi gives any Schmelke the 6 out and the breaks.

Just my personal opinion.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got $600 to spend one. Hear they play great! Can someone get me one or a ebony merry widow with the same specs for less?

I got two, but they aren't for sale.

If you ever are in Hawaii, I may let you try one out.

If you can play pool, I may let you try to beat me out of one on the table.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I can get you a similar deal on a McDermott Lucky - $150 instead of the $60 list. Or wait...maybe somebody on here beat me to that a while back?

giphy.gif

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Seriously? Do you think it possible that the folks who have investment in the company just picked pricing off a roulette wheel?

Please consider:
https://thismatter.com/economics/images/elastic-demand-graph.svg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. Lucasi has been making some high quality stuff lately.
Always have. I owned one of the early cues and it was built better than a lot of customs i've seen. Current owner loves it. Still dead straight, inlays and rings are still perfect. NEVER seen any Schmelke as nice.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love Schmelkes, but lets be blunt here, their price point is reflective of the fit and finish you can expect.

Some come out looking great, but there are just little things like running a countersink or a cutting tool at the very minimum into the shaft bores to chamfer them, etc.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
I love Schmelkes, but lets be blunt here, their price point is reflective of the fit and finish you can expect.

Some come out looking great, but there are just little things like running a countersink or a cutting tool at the very minimum into the shaft bores to chamfer them, etc.

Or no standard joint diameter, or weight bolts installed off centre in the butt, or poorly tapped joints in wood to wood joints that literally dissolve over time. Or poor finish work. Or warped shafts. The list goes on and on.

Always have. I owned one of the early cues and it was built better than a lot of customs i've seen. Current owner loves it. Still dead straight, inlays and rings are still perfect. NEVER seen any Schmelke as nice.

I remember them hitting okay back in the 90's, like the Buddy Hall signature series, but back in those days, I would have much rather had a Joss.

Last edited:

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
when you buy from an established company you tend to get the quality you pay for otherwise they would be out of business.
a 100 dollar retail cue can only provide a minimum of quality. mark it up to 600 and its still a 100 dollar cue. but buy a 600 dollar cue from an established dealer and you will get much more quality.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
when you buy from an established company you tend to get the quality you pay for otherwise they would be out of business.

a 100 dollar retail cue can only provide a minimum of quality. mark it up to 600 and its still a 100 dollar cue. but buy a 600 dollar cue from an established dealer and you will get much more quality.
Thank you Consumer Reports.

Sent from the future.