Why do some folks not wanna be known on here?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it so they can talk chit without anyone knowing who they are?

Security reasons? Maybe there gazillionairs and they dont want to be robbed.

I'm just curious. I see a LOT of it on here.

What brought this thread to be:

Guy talked chit, lol.... then wouldn't man-up and play or even be-known.

But, I found out who he was anyways...... lol....imagine his surprise when I confronted him?

Hilarious!

Rake.........Jeff Crouch.....

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Security reasons would be my guess. I agree with you though that real names would be better. I understand the rationale though...no problems either way.

Rex Sims

babyboy70363

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my case it was the user name that I used on every forum I've been a member of since I was in my early 20's. It's just easier to remember sign in info on every forum if it's the same!

Johnathan Phillips

Sent from my mobular device!

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my case it was the user name that I used on every forum I've been a member of since I was in my early 20's. It's just easier to remember sign in info on every forum if it's the same!

Johnathan Phillips

Exact same here. The first forum I joined was a hobby forum for restoring old Lawnboy mowers, so I use it for all internet forums just to keep things simple.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
I post my real info as little as possible, including facebook. I don't trust the internet. Companies like facebook are using algorithms to gain as much info about you as they possibly can. It's not too hard to find out who someone is with a little research, but I'm not going to volunteer my information. I don't buy and sell or gamble. If I did, the other party would know who I am. Pool is my hobby not my livelihood. I'm not hiding behind the internet curtain, just being cautious.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to see a small action match between members. Stream race to 7 or 9. Its doesn't have to have fancy camera work, just a single clear angle.

I saw upstate had streamed a match between two girls for 1K, race to 13 9b. Their fargos were in the 500's. I enjoyed it.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why do some folks not wanna be known on here?

x- wife might be tuning in:D

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Rake....it’s security....google is bad enough...I get a lotta spam on my phone.

And personally, I like the anonymity, what I write should stand up to the test of reason....
...not because I ran a 6-pack.
...some of the NAMES that have posted have gotten upset with AZ because they feel
They shouuld not be questioned........
“‘Cause I said so” doesn’t always fly...I got news for them...sometimes they’re wrong.

I think you’re a solid dude...if a ‘need to know’ arises, you can PM me.

Regards.....pt......avoids FB

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member

Johnathan Phillips

Same here. Except there were no forums when I was in my early 20's. If there had been, my user name may have been pwd65goat. My initials with a car.
Should I change to pwdstang?

Last edited:

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Exact same here. The first forum I joined was a hobby forum for restoring old Lawnboy mowers, so I use it for all internet forums just to keep things simple.

Damn, blast from the past. Let's see a picture of that 2 stroke bad boy :thumbup:.
Spent many a hr as a kid behind one of those. Probably haven't seen 1 in 20 yrs.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Unfortunately, there are people in this world who will take advantage of information that is out in public. I am not exactly anonymous, anyone who sold me anything has my name and address and I'm sure if they really wanted to a diligent person could get that info in other ways. Still, I see no need or reason to broadcast my personal info and make it even easier.

If people consider that hiding...well, I don't know what to tell you.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn, blast from the past. Let's see a picture of that 2 stroke bad boy :thumbup:.
Spent many a hr as a kid behind one of those. Probably haven't seen 1 in 20 yrs.

Okay here you go. I apologize Rake for posting a pic of a Lawnmower on your thread, but I can't ignore a request. Besides, it's kinda related to pool since these old Lawnboys financed many a pool game for me growing up in the hills and hollars of good Ole Kentucky. Financed many pool hall slawburgers and Ski colas as well. Still haven't found any burgers that matched.

The one in the pic is a 1964 model, a pretty famous model in the "Bricktop" family, it's over 50 years old and still going strong. A daily driver!

Attachments

• IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 1,035

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the 1st, & only forum I'm on. I use my real name but used 2twoball for a few years then had mods change to my name. Nothing to hide from & my deals are straight up, but I'm done trading cues.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Okay here you go. I apologize Rake for posting a pic of a Lawnmower on your thread, but I can't ignore a request. Besides, it's kinda related to pool since these old Lawnboys financed many a pool game for me growing up in the hills and hollars of good Ole Kentucky. Financed many pool hall slawburgers and Ski colas as well. Still haven't found any burgers that matched.

The one in the pic is a 1964 model, a pretty famous model in the "Bricktop" family, it's over 50 years old and still going strong. A daily driver!

That's awesome :thumbup:!

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t mind the nameless people, I understand that: I wish they were forced by the forum to post up their skill level whether is an APA or Fargo number. I’d like to know the playing abilities of the ones forcing their opinions and talking crap lol

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But, I found out who he was anyways...... lol....imagine his surprise when I confronted him?

Hilarious!

There are plenty of reasons. Here are a few:

*For some it is for security reasons. There are some super creepy people out there. How many for example just saw your name and googled or facebook searched you?

*Others use a user name so they can be a bit more open about things particularly in the NPR forum.

*There have also been a few well known cases here of folks intruding into other posters real life because they were pissed off about things here that got heated(old timers know who they are).I will not out them but someone will probably fill you in just in case you are really curious. This is not unique to AZB!!!!!!

Why make it easy for them? If asked I will give out my name. If Someone searched my posts they could find it too.

This is may be the biggest reason of all:

In my opinion but just like in a real pool hall or bar this virtual pool hall has plenty of first class bull shit artists. I have verified a few in person over the years too. Secret is safe with me guys lol! This is not unique to AZB either. Ran into this a lot on car forums as well

Phil Jones.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One quick local thing that happened connected to a car club forum about 10-15 years ago::

There were a few local guys who used to steal cars and part them out. Modded cars in particular. They had even been arrested a few times over the years for some of their activities.Some of the people active around the late night hangouts/car cruises and stuff knew about it but chose not to say anything openly about them(scared I am sure). At some point there was a few threads about it online and one of the main chirpers got ambushed and beat silly by the guys involved and some of their friends. These dudes just showed up hung around some and then asked who "Fred" was and it was on. Truth is they knew who "Fred was based on his car and pictures he had posted online. They even waited until the crowd had thinned out to do their thing! The Police pretty much did nothing because "Fred" was too scared to press charges. He also quit coming out to things too.

Last edited:

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Put me in with the 'don't trust the net' crowd. My username is already pushing it with regard to my real name.

And, if you're not already in the 'don't trust the net' crowd, checkout "Terms and Conditions May Apply" documentary on Netflix sometime. That should cure ya! lol It might even be on Youtube now.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hilarious!

Paranoia, bullshit-itis, running from the law. Take your pick. :thumbup:

"Big Dick" McGee > Truth or Consequences, New Mexico