Did Niles Foul?
Old
  (#1)
SlateMate
Banned
SlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Did Niles Foul? - 12-01-2018, 05:56 PM

it sure does look to me like Feijen fouls when breaking at about 2:45:20 into the match.

the cue-ball reacts like it was double hit. had i been the ref, i'd have called it. no one in the booth said anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSeALtZEk2A

Last edited by SlateMate; 12-04-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Old
  (#2)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

12-01-2018, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlateMate View Post
it sure does look to me like Feijen fouls when breaking at about 24:55 into the match.

the cue-ball reacts like it was double hit. had i been the ref, i'd have called it. no one in the booth said anything.

Do you mean the break shot for the final rack at 2:45:32? Playing it in slow motion, it looked OK to me.

Old
  (#3)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-02-2018, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
Do you mean the break shot for the final rack at 2:45:32? Playing it in slow motion, it looked OK to me.
Here is that start time: https://youtu.be/vSeALtZEk2A?t=9920
(YouTube start times do not seem to work on mobile devices.)

It looks fine to me. The cue ball went forward after recoiling a ways from the rack because Neils played with a little follow, similar to some nine ball breaks.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#4)
JohnnyOzone
AzB Silver Member
JohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond repute

12-02-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
it sure does look to me like Feijen fouls when breaking at about 24:55 into the match.

I hope you never ref a match i am in......

Walk among the living

Player: Olney Camatillo & birdseye w/ REVO 12.9
On the way: Nitti ebony and quilted maple

Old
  (#5)
SlateMate
Banned
SlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond repute

12-03-2018, 07:17 AM

the reaction of the cueball is indicative of a double hit. i know because i've done it before.

Old
  (#6)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"
stevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4700

12-03-2018, 09:17 AM

looks fine to me, the cue ball was struck with center ball as a punch stroke and the CB hit the object ball in the rack full that's why it did not travel anywhere after contact

PETE TONKIN CUSTOM CUES

Bayshore Billiards 14.1 League ~ Facebook Page ----> https://www.facebook.com/Bayshorebilliardsstraightpool

High Runs:

2019 - In Game - 127
2018 - Practice - 136
2011 - Highest on Video - 50

50 ball evaluation by Blackjack David Sapolis -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBfKo85z4g

Old
  (#7)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

12-03-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
the reaction of the cueball is indicative of a double hit. i know because i've done it before.
This is not a democracy but I think you've been outvoted. A prudent person would seek out the source of his possible error.

Old
  (#8)
SlateMate
Banned

12-04-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
holy cow.... how did i screw that up. i'll change it. and YES it's at 2:45:30 or so. notice that the cueball reacts like it was double hit. if you hit with with clean high-ball it will bounce but spin forward. here it just goes dead.

i'm looking at it again in detail. the cue-ball bounces up then dies right there after the 2nd contact. watch it again...a one-hit stroke would have forced the cueball to curve over the top of the rack then forward on the other side, not die on top of the stack.

Last edited by SlateMate; 12-04-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Old
  (#9)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

12-05-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
.... a one-hit stroke would have forced the cueball to curve over the top of the rack then forward on the other side, not die on top of the stack.
No. That's only true for certain specific hits on the ball in the rack. If the object ball is hit a little to the right of center the cue ball will bounce back and follow in a curve to the right. If the object ball is hit a little to the left of center, the cue ball will bounce back and curve off to the left. If the cue ball is hit exactly "wrong" it will bounce straight back and follow back to the ball it contacted.

I think you need to spend some time on the table to get a better feel for this kind of shot.

That sort of break, where the cue ball hits a head ball nearly full, bounces back and spins to a stop with the follow counteracting the bounce back, seemed to be a favorite of Luther Lassiter's. The other players of that era were rarely in that position and were much more likely to have a thin cut with the cue ball going into the side of the rack.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#10)
SlateMate
Banned

12-05-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
I think you need to spend some time on the table to get a better feel for this kind of shot.
give me a break.... i've been playing straight seriously since 1986. y'all refuse to see the obvious.

Old
  (#11)
TheBasics
AzB Silver Member
TheBasics has a reputation beyond reputeTheBasics has a reputation beyond reputeTheBasics has a reputation beyond reputeTheBasics has a reputation beyond reputeTheBasics has a reputation beyond reputeTheBasics has a reputation beyond reputeTheBasics has a reputation beyond reputeTheBasics has a reputation beyond reputeTheBasics has a reputation beyond reputeTheBasics has a reputation beyond reputeTheBasics has a reputation beyond repute

12-11-2018, 09:44 AM

SlateMate, Howdy;

Quote:
give me a break.... i've been playing straight seriously since 1986. y'all refuse to see the obvious.
A long time ago, a person much wiser than I commented that, if all about you see the
same thing that you do and you are the only one that sees a fault then you may wish
to reconsider your thoughts ...

Not sayin' you are wrong, just that you might be lookin' to hard.

hank

Old
  (#12)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member
Poolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond repute

12-11-2018, 07:04 PM

Good shot.

-special man for a special shots-
Straight Pool addict
My Snooker 147 with Pool Cue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRtIEF_vL0A
Super Strong match against 10-Ball Ghost https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6okbwLetu4&t=

Old
  (#13)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

12-13-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
it sure does look to me like Feijen fouls when breaking at about 2:45:20 into the match.

I don't think the cue ball would have kept spinning like that if it was a double hit. The cue ball didn't follow through far because it was so close to the other balls to start with, and because Niels follow through had to be a short and abbreviated 'pop' stroke to avoid the double hit. If he had double hit the cue ball, it would have driven in to the pack a second time and would not have ended up where it did on the top of the rack.

nope
Old
  (#14)
Danny Harriman
AzB Silver Member
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

nope - 01-08-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
holy cow.... how did i screw that up. i'll change it. and YES it's at 2:45:30 or so. notice that the cueball reacts like it was double hit. if you hit with with clean high-ball it will bounce but spin forward. here it just goes dead.

i'm looking at it again in detail. the cue-ball bounces up then dies right there after the 2nd contact. watch it again...a one-hit stroke would have forced the cueball to curve over the top of the rack then forward on the other side, not die on top of the stack.
It was a good hit, tip went up after contact, your over analyzing things.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: