Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page 14.1 Scoring needs to be revamped !!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
14.1 Scoring needs to be revamped !!
Old
  (#1)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"
stevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4700

14.1 Scoring needs to be revamped !! - 12-26-2018, 08:09 AM

Hey All,

I had a thought this weekend while i was at my buddies house sparring on his Victorian Table.

I Had taken a breakshot and pocketted it, slammed into the rack and made 5 more balls off the break. (total of 6) (yeah i layed into this break a bit)

That being said, i feel that the additional balls should be spotted. since 14.1 is a gentleman's game and not so much a lucky game. In addition i dont think they should count towards a run since you did not call all of them. the same should be said if you pocket multiple balls at any point in a rack.

What do you all think ?

PETE TONKIN CUSTOM CUES

Bayshore Billiards 14.1 League ~ Facebook Page ----> https://www.facebook.com/Bayshorebilliardsstraightpool

High Runs:

2018 - In Game - 107
2018 - Practice - 136
2011 - Highest on Video - 50

50 ball evaluation by Blackjack David Sapolis -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBfKo85z4g

Last edited by stevekur1; 12-26-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Old
  (#2)
crazysnake
AzB Silver Member
crazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-26-2018, 08:23 AM

The balls do not spot, plain and simple. Being a gentleman has nothing to do with it.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Old
  (#3)
Kevin Lindstrom
14.1 Addict
Kevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6237

12-26-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekur1 View Post
Hey All,

I had a thought this weekend while i was at my buddies house sparring on his Victorian Table.

I Had taken a breakshot and pocketted it, slammed into the rack and made 5 more balls off the break. (total of 6) (yeah i layed into this break a bit)

That being said, i feel that the additional balls should be spotted. since 14.1 is a gentleman's game and not so much a lucky game. In addition i dont think they should count towards a run since you did not call all of them. the same should be said if you pocket multiple balls at any point in a rack.

What do you all think ?
The game of 14.1 is already a perfect game as it is. Please don't try to mess with it. Just leave it in it's already perfect format.

They messed with the game of 9 ball quite a few years back(Texas Express) trying to speed it up for TV play and I think they messed up that game a little bit from the original format.

Please just leave it as it is.

Thanks

Kevin

SCREW IT LETS RIDE

Old
  (#4)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-26-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
... a gentleman's game ... What do you all think ?
I think that if a gentleman shot a break shot and the cue ball locked against the side of the rack leaving no shot and no safe but towards the end of the shot a ball, after having gone four cushion and two kisses, came over and hit the rack just right to barely dislodge the cue ball and leave two easy shots and the gentleman said, "Oh, I'm very sorry," and rolled the cue ball back against the rack and started to figure out some kind of safe -- if all of that happened -- I think I would say, "Oh, goodness, I have to be in Oakland in 20 minutes," and leave as quickly as possible.

I would rather play straight pool.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#5)
Seth C.
AzB Silver Member
Seth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond repute

12-26-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Lindstrom View Post
The game of 14.1 is already a perfect game as it is. Please don't try to mess with it. Just leave it in it's already perfect format.

They messed with the game of 9 ball quite a few years back(Texas Express) trying to speed it up for TV play and I think they messed up that game a little bit from the original format.

Please just leave it as it is.

Thanks

Kevin
Couldn’t say it any better.

Old
  (#6)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"
stevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond repute

12-26-2018, 05:00 PM

I agree with you all, believe me. Just kinda awkward getting that many points on a breakshot.

I broke so hard you woulda thought I was playing 8Ball...lol

PETE TONKIN CUSTOM CUES

Bayshore Billiards 14.1 League ~ Facebook Page ----> https://www.facebook.com/Bayshorebilliardsstraightpool

High Runs:

2018 - In Game - 107
2018 - Practice - 136

50 ball evaluation by Blackjack David Sapolis -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBfKo85z4g

Old
  (#7)
Seth C.
AzB Silver Member
Seth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond reputeSeth C. has a reputation beyond repute

12-27-2018, 05:40 AM

Quote:
I agree with you all, believe me. Just kinda awkward getting that many points on a breakshot.

I broke so hard you woulda thought I was playing 8Ball...lol
This thread does raise this question in my mind, for anyone to answer: What is the highest number of balls that you have made when playing a break shot?

Old
  (#8)
ctyhntr
RIP Ginky
ctyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond repute

12-27-2018, 03:45 PM

Steve,
You run the 2nd biggest straight pool league in the NYC/LI area if not the East Coast, so you're in a position for some empirical experimentation. Perhaps for next season, implement it as a league handicap.

My ego is writing checks that my stroke can't cash.

Old
  (#9)
Saturated Fats
AzB Silver Member
Saturated Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSaturated Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSaturated Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSaturated Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSaturated Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSaturated Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSaturated Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSaturated Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSaturated Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSaturated Fats has a reputation beyond reputeSaturated Fats has a reputation beyond repute

12-27-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I feel that the additional balls should be spotted. ... What do you all think ?
I don't think it happens often enough to worry about.

Old
  (#10)
crazysnake
AzB Silver Member
crazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond reputecrazysnake has a reputation beyond repute

12-27-2018, 06:28 PM

For chrissakes please delete this idiotic thread!!!

Old
  (#11)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"

12-28-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysnake View Post
For chrissakes please delete this idiotic thread!!!

Just having some fun...jeez !!

PETE TONKIN CUSTOM CUES

High Runs:

2018 - In Game - 107
2018 - Practice - 136

Old
  (#12)
crazysnake
AzB Silver Member

12-28-2018, 08:20 AM

Ok then. Just so long as it's clear that this is all in jest. Sometimes I just can't tell, and it makes me very tense. Sorry.

Old
  (#13)
crazysnake
AzB Silver Member

12-28-2018, 11:17 AM

I've got a rule question. When using the bridge is it a rule that you must have one hand on the bridge while executing the shot?

Old
  (#14)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"

12-28-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysnake View Post
I've got a rule question. When using the bridge is it a rule that you must have one hand on the bridge while executing the shot?

I'm gonna have to say yes to that one !!

PETE TONKIN CUSTOM CUES

High Runs:

2018 - In Game - 107
2018 - Practice - 136

Old
  (#15)
crazysnake
AzB Silver Member

12-28-2018, 12:57 PM

Where does it say that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: