Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page 14.1 Scoring needs to be revamped !!
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-28-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekur1 View Post
Hey All,

I had a thought this weekend while i was at my buddies house sparring on his Victorian Table.

I Had taken a breakshot and pocketted it, slammed into the rack and made 5 more balls off the break. (total of 6) (yeah i layed into this break a bit)

That being said, i feel that the additional balls should be spotted. since 14.1 is a gentleman's game and not so much a lucky game. In addition i dont think they should count towards a run since you did not call all of them. the same should be said if you pocket multiple balls at any point in a rack.

What do you all think ?
I think it's always considered as a bonus, for any additional balls pocketed on the same shot, as long as you pocket the called ball. I don't think it's very often more than 2 other balls are pocketed in addition to the called ball, and having the balls spotted back up is kind of penalizing you for pocketing them, as you'll likely need to break them out again.

Old
  (#17)
Straightpool_99
I see dead balls
Straightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond repute

12-29-2018, 10:24 PM

I think this is a bad idea, and here is why:

Why on Gods green earth do you want to punish someone for going into balls? If I go into a cluster I don't want to have to worry about a ball going in and possibly tie up other balls in the spot area! Laying into the breakshot when you have a good one, is one of the great pleasures of straight pool. Now you're going to discourage that? Nope, I'm sorry, I don't like it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Straight pool is perfect the way it is. It is a simple, yet elegant game, something which is very, very hard to achieve.

Last edited by Straightpool_99; 12-29-2018 at 10:30 PM.

Old
  (#18)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

01-01-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightpool_99 View Post
I think this is a bad idea, and here is why:

Why on Gods green earth do you want to punish someone for going into balls? If I go into a cluster I don't want to have to worry about a ball going in and possibly tie up other balls in the spot area! Laying into the breakshot when you have a good one, is one of the great pleasures of straight pool. Now you're going to discourage that? Nope, I'm sorry, I don't like it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Straight pool is perfect the way it is. It is a simple, yet elegant game, something which is very, very hard to achieve.
Agreed - 14.1 is the perfect pool game regardless of how easy or tough the table it is being played on. It's just sad that more players haven't realized it.

Old
  (#19)
SARDiver
JCC Chief
SARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond repute

01-01-2019, 09:28 PM

It takes skill to generate a quality break shot, therefore balls pocketed during that shot were not strictly through chance.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: