Dimension Test.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good morning, everyone.

In an endeavour to record its historical provenance for future generations (and aid a failing memory) I’ve been busy designing descriptive insert cards for my treasured pool ball collection. They’re A5 in size and will be placed inside each box within a clear plastic sleeve. When forty-eight are complete a secondary plan is also in mind to commission three 4 by 4 posters of A1 dimensions. Framed on a wall, I thought these larger prints might be a nice fusion of billiard-themed art and handy reference guide.

The overhead ball photographs featured in the upper rectangle were captured on a rather elderly iPhone 6. I purchased a basic tripod from Amazon (a bargain at just £12) boasting a nifty little gizmo that activates the shutter via Bluetooth to eliminate camera wobble. To introduce some colourful variety into the project five different swatches of cloth were then sourced (grey, green, red, blue and yellow) to act as a contrasting backdrop for the various sets. Grey looked best to my eye in showcasing these beautiful Raschig Four Players.

For anyone interested in such things, I employed a software program called Corel Dream to draw the seven-ball cluster shown at the base of the diagram. It’s a somewhat dated piece of kit to say the least (1989 if you can believe it) but I’m hardly the latest model either so we’re probably a good match for one another. With a little patient experimentation I hope you’ll agree it is still possible to achieve something quite realistic and elegant.

Please forgive the indulgence of eventually sharing fifty-something of these souvenirs on our collecting thread, ladies and gentlemen. I promise not to hog the boards too much, only posting one card every week or so as they become ready for publication.

Best wishes,

RC.

dzv89e.jpg