Some thoughts

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This place has really gone downhill. Open most of these threads and it just turns into a couple members arguing about the same thing over and over. Does not matter what the thread was originally about.

I had not been here for months. Just got tired of the arguing. Come back to see if anything is different but it is not.

It would be nice if threads stayed on topic and replies were only directed at the original post. I would like to post some things regarding aiming but it seems pointless.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Please go ahead and post your comments or thoughts regarding aiming. I believe this place could be very helpful, thought provoking, and engaging for those who are interested, as long as you don't mention cte. That's when most aiming threads begin to get swallowed up by the old flame war.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have tried all of the different aiming systems. I believe they all work, provided you are on the right line and have a straight stroke.

Things go crazy when the above isn't true. I have a straight stroke but have problems getting on the correct line. I am able to get on the correct line easily when shooting straight in or cutting to the left.

Cutting balls to the right is a whole different story. I almost always feel like I am coming across the line and the shot rarely looks correct. I feel like I would be much better off trying to shoot the ball left handed.

I just wonder how people who have eyes struggling for dominance while aligning deal with it playing pool. At least I assume that is what the problem is. I doubt I could be the only one. Maybe players who are struggling with aiming systems are having some of the same problems.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please go ahead and post your comments or thoughts regarding aiming. I believe this place could be very helpful, thought provoking, and engaging for those who are interested, as long as you don't mention cte. That's when most aiming threads begin to get swallowed up by the old flame war.

Lmao You forgot to say first.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This place has really gone downhill. Open most of these threads and it just turns into a couple members arguing about the same thing over and over. Does not matter what the thread was originally about.

I had not been here for months. Just got tired of the arguing. Come back to see if anything is different but it is not.

It would be nice if threads stayed on topic and replies were only directed at the original post. I would like to post some things regarding aiming but it seems pointless.

Most of the knowledgeable posters have been chased off by The keyboard warrior group. It is a shame.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I have tried all of the different aiming systems. I believe they all work, provided you are on the right line and have a straight stroke.

Things go crazy when the above isn't true. I have a straight stroke but have problems getting on the correct line. I am able to get on the correct line easily when shooting straight in or cutting to the left.

Cutting balls to the right is a whole different story. I almost always feel like I am coming across the line and the shot rarely looks correct. I feel like I would be much better off trying to shoot the ball left handed.

I just wonder how people who have eyes struggling for dominance while aligning deal with it playing pool. At least I assume that is what the problem is. I doubt I could be the only one. Maybe players who are struggling with aiming systems are having some of the same problems.

You are definitely not the only one. I've seen several posts here about dominant eye problems. If you are in an area where an instructor is available, you could probably get some good advice or a fix in one quick lesson. It might cost you around $50, but could easily be worth the cash.

Out of curiosity, do you sight the aim line while standing, feel good about it, just as good as if you were sighting a shot to the left, but then lose the line when you bend down or step into the shot?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'd try starting a little more to the left with my eyes. Get your vision over then come back a little till it looks right. Might help

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Research Genomachino on here. He has good info and can probably help you with a phone call

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A good friend of mine and a good player once told me "if your not hitting the object ball where you want to then your stance is not as good as it could be."

Two videos, one buy a champion player, the other by a well known instructor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPn3Wzp4NT8&t=9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGBFRln32uo&t=2s

These videos are a start. If you believe you are having "vision center" issues please post.

John :)

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member

IMHO, that issue is a private lesson, not an aim system fix.

I will instruct you in this for FREE. Send me a PM.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The aiming forum has been the WildWest from day one. Post and glean what you want. Ignore the rest. All you can do. There's a lot of good info on here.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
My thought is you pick the stroking line before going down.
Step right on that line ( whatever suits you ) and get your natural stroke on that line.
Fidgeting and altering your stroke are a no-no imo.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My thought is you pick the stroking line before going down.
Step right on that line ( whatever suits you ) and get your natural stroke on that line.
Fidgeting and altering your stroke are a no-no imo.
No doubt. Well said.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
...get your natural stroke on that line.
Man, did you say a mouthful there.

My natural stroke, the one that goes in a repeatable unwavering straight line along my line of sight with minimal muscle involvement, only works when my stance is just right for it. Developing my PSR/stance so that I automatically get down with my line of sight and my natural stroke on the shot line is a central focus and a looong work in progress.

pj
chgo

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man, did you say a mouthful there.

My natural stroke, the one that goes in a repeatable unwavering straight line along my line of sight with minimal muscle involvement, only works when my stance is just right for it. Developing my PSR/stance so that I automatically get down with my line of sight and my natural stroke on the shot line is a central focus and a looong work in progress.

pj
chgo

What Patrick said. :)

John

phcore

Registered
Most irritating thing is that on this subforum is only CTE threads, nothing new, always the same boring CTE. It kills me...

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Most irritating thing is that on this subforum is only CTE threads, nothing new, always the same boring CTE. It kills me...

That's because so often when someone posts anything about aiming, a CTE user chimes in with something like, "All you need to know is 15, 30, and 45", then it becomes another CTE flame thread. And sometimes it happens at the mere mention of cte, like I've just done. Lol. Sorry.:eek:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's because so often when someone posts anything about aiming, a CTE user chimes in with something like, "All you need to know is 15, 30, and 45", then it becomes another CTE flame thread. And sometimes it happens at the mere mention of cte, like I've just done. Lol. Sorry.:eek:

That guy deleted all of his own posts and seems to have skipped town. One less guy propagating falsehoods is a good thing for AZ in my book. People should have some confidence that they are getting good information when they come here.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member

This Place is basically a prison for People who poisoned the entire forum with the CTE war. For a while, EVERY thread, no matter what the subject, in the main forum became a CTE thread. Therefore they created this forum to move all those threads into before it could turn the entire main forum into crap. So it's basically a fighting ground for professional(paid?) CTE promoters and People who for one reason or another has a gripe with CTE. Knowing that, I don't see why the state of this subforum would be surprise to anyone.

Occationally there will be someone starting a thread on something else, but it usually peters out really fast. These People are in it for the joy of arguing (or Money from promoting), and care very little about finding things out. It's clear from how the arguments go: "CTE is bullcrap", "Nuh, uh", "Yuh, huh". That's the depth of it. There is also the occational "wait for x". There have been several of these "x's" but they either never materialize or they don't solve anything or change the debate. I don't really think there is fertile ground for this discussion any more. All the important aspects of CTE, wether for or against, seem to have allready been stated at least 10 years ago. It is what it is.

There are some interesting facets of aiming that would be interesting to explore. It can't be done here, though. I think every experienced pool player has realized that certain shots always get missed a specific way by nearly every player. That could be a topic, for instance. But whatever. Have a good one.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I get annoyed with that as well, it's a two-way street. Someone tries to discuss CTE the naysayers show up, but on the flip side, seen a lot of threads that were not about CTE get turned into a thread about CTE by the pro-CTE guys.

Such an odd dynamic