Sterilzing A Commercial Pool Room

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once the lock down is over, places are allowed to reopen, and people are able to move about freely, how will pool rooms ensure that their businesses and customers will be relatively safe from the virus?

Will their premises be sanitized with some sort of virus-killing product or process?

Will the equipment be "cleaned" in some manner between customer uses?

Will vaporizers be banned? (Don't know if it does anything, but blowing stuff around isn't something I like to be around.)

Pool halls, by LAW, have to have the nastiest bathrooms on the planet. Will the bathrooms be maintained in a clean manner?

What are you people's thoughts on this, both as players and pool room operators?

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Forget it. This thing will supposedly peak in two to four weeks. Your average pool room after that? They only have enough girls to serve drinks and sandwiches, while we play pool. Sanitizing these pool rooms? I think I saw more sanitary conditions when I lived in Kabul as a kid.

It's going to take a long, long time. Don't expect it very quickly.

All the best,
WW

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well there be any players?

Once the lock down is over, places are allowed to reopen, and people are able to move about freely, how will pool rooms ensure that their businesses and customers will be relatively safe from the virus?

Will their premises be sanitized with some sort of virus-killing product or process?

Will vaporizers be banned? (Don't know if it does anything, but blowing stuff around isn't something I like to be around.)

Pool halls, by LAW, have to have the nastiest bathrooms on the planet. Will the bathrooms be maintained in a clean manner?

What are you people's thoughts on this, both as players and pool room operators?

By the time the Pool Rooms open again there wont be any germs alive in any of of theses places. For the owners that go back to business as usual, which generally was filthy, they wont last, not even the Pool playing public will accept that anymore.

The real challenge to the game will be rather or not there is some sort of solution to this new virus that doesn't require a doctors visit or hospitalization.

We play a high contact close quarter sport, who's going to take the risk if the cure is anything more than a pill?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i dont think the virus lives more than 3 days on specific surfaces
icbw
maybe someone has the scientific link

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This virus isn’t going anywhere, whomever is going to get it will eventually get it. As with any virus/germs standard cleaning should always be a concern. Beyond what places of business should be doing anyway there’s not much else we can do.

This virus has been going around since December/January. I had two coworkers in their 20’s who were out for 3 weeks, had all the symptoms of it. They felt absolutely terrible and said it was oppressively miserable. Not everyone at work got it. The sick people stayed home and we washed our hands and kept our business clean.

People are still shopping, Wisconsin still has their Primary on Tuesday, life will get back to normal.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kkrjnfnhhfj

Attachments

• IMG_2607.JPG
    IMG_2607.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 433

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If the pool room was kept clean before, it will probably be immaculately clean when it reopens. If it was not clean before, I wouldn’t expect it to be much different when it reopens.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
If the pool room was kept clean before, it will probably be immaculately clean when it reopens. If it was not clean before, I wouldn’t expect it to be much different when it reopens.
Exactly. I wouldn't expect anything to be different. I will say however that I think the day when things are open again is months, not weeks away and the days when things are truly normal again are not even on my radar.

Sent from the future.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly. I wouldn't expect anything to be different. I will say however that I think the day when things are open again is months, not weeks away and the days when things are truly normal again are not even on my radar.

Sent from the future.

Yeah, and I hate to even say it, but covid is just one strain.

Others could likely follow a similar course of impact and I think business will likely need to maintain a higher standard of cleanliness...which is somewhat unfair (impossible?), as they have little to no control over their patrons' acts to that end, yet are 100% reliant on patrons'...patronage.

Head in the sand is not a good strategy.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

The only way I'm getting on a table while this thing is going around is with the break and the 5 out.

By the way, I just watched Contagion on Amazon Prime from 2011. Many similarities to what we're going through .

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think we should help them out as regulars in our local rooms. I already keep an eye on chalk replacement, cues that need new tips or get tossed, etc.. in one of my places, I would not mind helping them wipe the tables. Not sure how they would disinfect the balls though, you'd have to wipe down each one. I doubt just spraying it with Lysol or anything like that will help much and will just end up with pools or wetness in the ball tray.

A solution may be to keep hand sanitizes around (realistic) and to throw out anyone that coughs or sneezes (not so much), with maybe a weekly cleaning of the room with disinfectant.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just my $.02 here but i think rooms will be way more aware and more likely to keep things clean. I think most customers after this will demand it.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
COVID-19 Lives On Hard Surfaces A Long Time

Folks.....don’t listen to the posts about COVID virus life.

Remember the Grand Princess Cruise Ship. The owners
offered the ship to the trump administration for use as a
hospitalization backup. So they had to sanitize the ship.

The Coronavirus was still flourishing in the vacated rooms
that infected patients were staying. That is right.....17 days
after departing the ship the Coronavirus was still alive on
the hard surface areas on the cabins. .......17 _ucking days
later, not 2 or 3 days or a week later or even 2 weeks later.

There are some idiots on this Forum offering very unreliable
and dangerous opinions about which they know very little.
Take the time to find out for yourself. Do your own research.

Don’t behave like those two blockhead governors in GA & TN.
The first one says yesterday he just found out that the virus can
get transferred from asymptomatic people without any symptoms
of the infection. He actually said he just learned about that yesterday
after listening to trump’s Coronavirus sideshow......the CDC has been
broadcasting and warning about this since January 31st. That is the
underlying basis of shelter in place guidelines.......he is lying or an idiot.

Let’s not forget that other bozo governor either. So TN says that there
isn’t any scientific proof that asymptomatic persons can transmit this
Coronavirus. Hmn....the world is infected, people are dying, economies
are not functioning, and every health and medical official worldwide has
been warning about the virus very long incubation period it can exhibit
and the high transmission rates and its much higher morbidity rates......
and the governor of TN says there is no scientific proof about this.

Look there are dumb people in the world. That goes without saying. And
there are stupid people and very ignorant ones too. But when you see how
these two governors have behaved, you wind up with a combination of all
three types and that creates another category......dangerous to everyone.
Oh yeah, the TN jerk only issued a two week shelter in place order.....Duh!

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Folks.....don’t listen to the posts about COVID virus life.

Remember the Grand Princess Cruise Ship. The owners
offered the ship to the trump administration for use as a
hospitalization backup. So they had to sanitize the ship.

The Coronavirus was still flourishing in the vacated rooms
that infected patients were staying. That is right.....17 days
after departing the ship the Coronavirus was still alive on
the hard surface areas on the cabins. .......17 _ucking days
later, not 2 or 3 days or a week later or even 2 weeks later.

There are some idiots on this Forum offering very unreliable
and dangerous opinions about which they know very little.
Take the time to find out for yourself. Do your own research.

Don’t behave like those two blockhead governors in GA & TN.
The first one says yesterday he just found out that the virus can
get transferred from asymptomatic people without any symptoms
of the infection. He actually said he just learned about that yesterday
after listening to trump’s Coronavirus sideshow......the CDC has been
broadcasting and warning about this since January 31st. That is the
underlying basis of shelter in place guidelines.......he is lying or an idiot.

Let’s not forget that other bozo governor either. So TN says that there
isn’t any scientific proof that asymptomatic persons can transmit this
Coronavirus. Hmn....the world is infected, people are dying, economies
are not functioning, and every health and medical official worldwide has
been warning about the virus very long incubation period It can exhibit
and it’s high transmission rates and its much higher morbidity rates......
and the governor of TN says there is no scientific proof about this.

Look there are dumb people in the world. That goes without saying. And
there are stupid people and very ignorant ones too. But when you see how
these two governors have behaved, you wind up with a combination of all
three types and that creates another category......dangerous to everyone.
Oh yeah, the TN jerk only issued a two week shelter in place order.....Duh!

You know the world is bad when I agree with Bavafongoul

People need to quit being selfish and wait it out for a bit. What's a month or two of bunkering down compared to the rest of your life? A friend or family member or nurse or doctor's life? The whole country needs to stop being dumb and selfish and wait.

Just stay home, wait it out.

Attachments

• LVDAtZy_d.jpg
    LVDAtZy_d.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 207

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Our local public swimming pool in Florida when I was a kid, knew little kids, and other pee peed in the Pool. Management use to keep the pool safe with chemicals, the negative was if you got water in your eyes it burned a little.

Problem solved with a little clorine.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NUF CED........Don't Listen To Bad Advice Offered On This Forum.

CDC says coronavirus RNA found in Princess Cruise ship cabins up to 17 days after passengers left
PUBLISHED MON, MAR 23 20205:49 PM EDTUPDATED SAT, MAR 28 20202:53 PM EDT

The coronavirus RNA was found on surfaces of the Princess Cruise ship up to 17 days
after passengers disembarked, new research byoutbreaks the CDC shows.

Researchers looked at the COVID-19 on the Carnival-owned Diamond Princess
ship in Japan and the Grand Princess ship in California.

The coronavirus’ RNA “was identified on a variety of surfaces in cabins of both symptomatic
and asymptomatic infected passengers up to 17 days after cabins were vacated.”

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cruise ships gave me the "willies" before corona. I wouldn't get on one of those floating petri dishes for any amount of money. I think that industry may be done for some time.