What I Do Like CTE
Old
  (#1)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

What I Do Like CTE - 01-06-2019, 04:38 PM

One thing that has intrigued me about CTE (not the only thing) is its use of two lines rather than one for shot alignment. I thought to myself, that idea has potential - I'm stealing it.

But then I realized that I'd already beat myself to it. I've been doing it all along.

I'm a contact point aimer - I try to see the OB contact point and hit it with the CB. My "system" is to "measure" cut angles by the distance the CB's center (and my cue for many shots) is aimed from the OB contact point - a specific visual to aid memorization and recall.

I think my contact point & ghostball center references are very much like CTE's center-to-edge & edge-to-A/B/C reference lines - a combination of a fixed reference (my center-to-ghostball --- CTE's center-to-edge) and a moving shotline (my OB contact point --- CTE's edge-to-A/B/C) used to "triangulate" a visual relationship for memorization/recall.

Anybody else do something similar?

pj
chgo

Old
  (#2)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-06-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
One thing that has intrigued me about CTE (not the only thing) is its use of two lines rather than one for shot alignment. I thought to myself, that idea has potential - I'm stealing it.

But then I realized that I'd already beat myself to it. I've been doing it all along.

I'm a contact point aimer - I try to see the OB contact point and hit it with the CB. My "system" is to "measure" cut angles by the distance the CB's center (and my cue for many shots) is aimed from the OB contact point - a specific visual to aid memorization and recall.

I think my contact point & ghostball center references are very much like CTE's center-to-edge & edge-to-A/B/C reference lines - a combination of a fixed reference (my center-to-ghostball --- CTE's center-to-edge) and a moving shotline (my OB contact point --- CTE's edge-to-A/B/C) used to "triangulate" a visual relationship for memorization/recall.

pj
chgo
I think pretty much anybody who can play does something similar. It is a combination of things (conscious or subconscious).

Some people do it instinctively (and think they aren't using a system) and others are more attuned to what they are doing.

Aiming is aiming, but aiming won't do anything for you if you can't hit what you are aiming at.

You can call aiming anything you want, but it is all the same thing in one's mind. I don't care how many letters you use in the name of it.

Old
  (#3)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:

pj
chgo
You seem to be one of a kind with your aiming.

Old
  (#4)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-10-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
I think pretty much anybody who can play does something similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
You seem to be one of a kind with your aiming.
OK, we've established the upper and lower limits. Good start.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#5)
Vorpal Cue
Just galumping back
Vorpal Cue has a reputation beyond reputeVorpal Cue has a reputation beyond reputeVorpal Cue has a reputation beyond reputeVorpal Cue has a reputation beyond reputeVorpal Cue has a reputation beyond reputeVorpal Cue has a reputation beyond reputeVorpal Cue has a reputation beyond reputeVorpal Cue has a reputation beyond reputeVorpal Cue has a reputation beyond reputeVorpal Cue has a reputation beyond reputeVorpal Cue has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2019, 10:31 PM

Might as well define the forward and backward directions also.

Your system starts with one line, the CP to CP, and then adds a second parallel line with no pivot or sweep. CTE starts with two lines which aren't parallel and finishes with one line after a pivot or sweep. I think I see it now.

Care to add anything on the Z axis? Might be a graph in all this mess.

My Vorpal cue jabbed 'er wonky and the shot went snicker-snack. 'Twas brillig.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: