14.1 Champions

topcat1953

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find Mr Ursitti's website very fascinating. Looking forward to the updates, since his coverage of Pocket Billiards ceases in 1989.

According to the last BCA rule book that I have (2006), Bobby Hunter won the 14.1 title over Ray Martin, in 1990. I think that was held in Niagra Falls, NY.

Were there no World 14.1 Championships held until Dragon Promotions' event in 2006? (US Open does not count.)

Also, I know Oliver Ortman won this year and Stephan Cohen won last year, 2009.

Who were the previous winners?

Plus, is there any reason that there are no more Challenge Matches for the Title, as there were 50-60 years ago? I think that would be a great promotion for the Champion and the Sport. Wouldn't something like that pack any poolroom in the Country?

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
I find Mr Ursitti's website very fascinating. Looking forward to the updates, since his coverage of Pocket Billiards ceases in 1989.

According to the last BCA rule book that I have (2006), Bobby Hunter won the 14.1 title over Ray Martin, in 1990. I think that was held in Niagra Falls, NY.

Were there no World 14.1 Championships held until Dragon Promotions' event in 2006? (US Open does not count.)

Also, I know Oliver Ortman won this year and Stephan Cohen won last year, 2009.

Who were the previous winners?

Plus, is there any reason that there are no more Challenge Matches for the Title, as there were 50-60 years ago? I think that would be a great promotion for the Champion and the Sport. Wouldn't something like that pack any poolroom in the Country?

Since Dragon started it up again in 2006, the winners have been:
Thorsten Hohmann, Oliver Ortmann, Niels Feijen, Stephan Cohen, and Oliver again.