The look of the second generation of Carbon fiber shafts?

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So will the second generation of Carbon fiber shafts be coated in different colors other than black? I would think the manufacturers could come up with a faux wood look for carbon. Does anyone have thoughts or info regarding this topic? Thanks

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So will the second generation of Carbon fiber shafts be coated in different colors other than black? I would think the manufacturers could come up with a faux wood look for carbon

This would be the ONLY way I would even consider looking at a carbon shaft--and not because of the price, but I don't like black shafts...they just don't look right to me.

And this is speaking from someone who got to pick out his first cue when I was ~15 years old. The Earl Strickland Cuetec model had different designs and materials in this series. The one I thought looked so dope at the time was all black cue and shaft w/ a carbon fiber weave print all around--thought it looked so unique, as I've never seen that before.

That original Cuetec is now paired up to a wooden R360 and is a great cue, both in looks and performance.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This would be the ONLY way I would even consider looking at a carbon shaft--and not because of the price, but I don't like black shafts...they just don't look right to me.

And this is speaking from someone who got to pick out his first cue when I was ~15 years old. The Earl Strickland Cuetec model had different designs and materials in this series. The one I thought looked so dope at the time was all black cue and shaft w/ a carbon fiber weave print all around--thought it looked so unique, as I've never seen that before.

That original Cuetec is now paired up to a wooden R360 and is a great cue, both in looks and performance.

I agree. So for me depth perception and sighting a shot is easier with lighter colors. I would buy Carbon for the anti dent and warp factor if the cosmetics are one day improved.