Dave Bollman
Old
  (#1)
Horsetrader
AzB Silver Member
Horsetrader has a reputation beyond reputeHorsetrader has a reputation beyond reputeHorsetrader has a reputation beyond reputeHorsetrader has a reputation beyond reputeHorsetrader has a reputation beyond reputeHorsetrader has a reputation beyond reputeHorsetrader has a reputation beyond reputeHorsetrader has a reputation beyond reputeHorsetrader has a reputation beyond reputeHorsetrader has a reputation beyond reputeHorsetrader has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Dave Bollman - 01-25-2014, 08:12 PM

We lost Dave this year, so sad. A real classy pool player, pool repair guy, pro golfer too.
Read full story here: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pil...593&fhid=15627

David Lee Bollman (1942 - 2013) Obituary Guest Book 11 entries The Guest Book is expired. David Lee BollmanVirginia Beach - David L (Bomeister) Bollman, 71 of Va Beach passed away on Tuesday. He was born in Sheldon, IA, on February 14, 1942, to Alma and James Bollman.Dave attended Iowa State University, served in the U.S. Navy, and was on both the PGA and PBA Tours.He was the House Pro at Q-Master Billiards (Norfolk Va.) for over 30 years making and repairing pool cues.His honesty, kindness and wisdom made him a well respected and loved member by many in the community. Dave is survived by his daughter Maryann Bollman.There will be a Celebration of Life Wednesday, December 18, 5 to 8 p.m. at Q-Master Billiards in Va. Beach.

He trained Damon Watson and Damon is a well known cue repair man station in Salem Or.

Last edited by Horsetrader; 02-26-2014 at 03:53 PM. Reason: update

Old
  (#2)
Horsetrader
AzB Silver Member
Horsetrader has a reputation beyond reputeHorsetrader has a reputation beyond reputeHorsetrader has a reputation beyond reputeHorsetrader has a reputation beyond reputeHorsetrader has a reputation beyond reputeHorsetrader has a reputation beyond reputeHorsetrader has a reputation beyond reputeHorsetrader has a reputation beyond reputeHorsetrader has a reputation beyond reputeHorsetrader has a reputation beyond reputeHorsetrader has a reputation beyond repute

02-09-2014, 06:08 PM

Name:  Dave Bollman.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  12.6 KB

David Lee Bollman (1942 - 2013) Obituary Guest Book 11 entries The Guest Book is expired. David Lee BollmanVirginia Beach - David L (Bomeister) Bollman, 71 of Va Beach passed away on Tuesday. He was born in Sheldon, IA, on February 14, 1942, to Alma and James Bollman.Dave attended Iowa State University, served in the U.S. Navy, and was on both the PGA and PBA Tours.He was the House Pro at Q-Master Billiards for over 30 years making and repairing pool cues.His honesty, kindness and wisdom made him a well respected and loved member by many in the community. Dave is survived by his daughter Maryann Bollman.There will be a Celebration of Life Wednesday, December 18, 5 to 8 p.m. at Q-Master Billiards in Va. Beach.

Dave was a really good man. Very good at working on your cues. A very Honorable man, which is rare in the pool world. It's safe to say I really like Dave. Damon Watson also was a students of Dave's.

Last edited by Horsetrader; 02-26-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Old
  (#3)
Horsetrader
AzB Silver Member

02-26-2014, 03:56 PM

I wonder how many in this blog know Dave?? It doesn't seem like many.

Old
  (#4)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
03-01-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsetrader View Post
Not many folks visit this section, but I can say Dave was a well -known and liked man in the pool world.

You should have a shot at the cash, especially if we don't get any top pros participating.
Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
...he loves pool, but he lost his love for pool halfway through the one pocket...

Old
  (#5)
Horsetrader
AzB Silver Member

03-25-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Not many folks visit this section, but I can say Dave was a well -known and liked man in the pool world.
Thanks, makes me feel better about pool players. Dave was a class act.

Old
  (#6)
pacemonster
"Billiard" Mike
pacemonster has a reputation beyond reputepacemonster has a reputation beyond reputepacemonster has a reputation beyond reputepacemonster has a reputation beyond reputepacemonster has a reputation beyond reputepacemonster has a reputation beyond reputepacemonster has a reputation beyond reputepacemonster has a reputation beyond reputepacemonster has a reputation beyond reputepacemonster has a reputation beyond reputepacemonster has a reputation beyond repute

03-26-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Thanks, makes me feel better about pool players. Dave was a class act.
I've known Mr. Bollman for many years. I loved sitting in his shop and talking to him. Didn't matter what was going on, he would always take the time to share his wisdom. He loved talking about cue making. He was ferocious on the golf course in his earlier years. Played pool with respect and grace. And would rake you dry playing gin. I sure miss him. Now I have to find someone else to do my cue work.

Old
  (#7)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

02-03-2015, 02:21 PM

I will always remember Dave. In my earlier years of playing one pocket, he passed through New Orleans and visited the infamous Sport Palace where I cut my teeth on the game.

I, nor anyone else knew who he was and when he played me even up for either ten or twenty a game with a house cue and beat me rather easily, I thought he just might be a champion. He beat me three games in a row and so I got real close to him and whispered, "I am a top C player at one pocket and anyone who can beat me with a house cue is most likely a pro player. There are bigger fish to fry here than little ole me." Dave didn't say anything but he promptly lost 3 games in a row and quit. In a few minutes, one of the bigger fish jumped up and played him a race to 4 for $300 and Dave brought out his custom cue and filleted that guy rather quickly and then the word got out who he was. I never found out who knocked Dave's action but he seemed like a nice guy. At least he let me off the hook.

JoeyA

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Bollman story
Old
  (#8)
white1
AzB Silver Member
white1 has a reputation beyond reputewhite1 has a reputation beyond reputewhite1 has a reputation beyond reputewhite1 has a reputation beyond reputewhite1 has a reputation beyond reputewhite1 has a reputation beyond reputewhite1 has a reputation beyond reputewhite1 has a reputation beyond reputewhite1 has a reputation beyond reputewhite1 has a reputation beyond reputewhite1 has a reputation beyond repute

Bollman story - 09-14-2015, 06:47 PM

Been away from the forum for a long time. In the early eighties, when Jimmy Hodges owned a room in Ky, all the top players were there. I watched Bollman playing Jimmy Mataya getting the 7 ball at a healthy bet for many hours. Many, many hours.....very colorful match.

Old
  (#9)
poolguy4u
AzB Silver Member
poolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond repute

10-05-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:

Yes I knew Dave. I always sent my shafts to him to put tips on.

As crazy as it sounds, but when he put a tip on my shafts, they really hit good.

I mean...it hit better than just a new tip put on a cue. It was always awesome.

Great guy and great player! I remember he played with a 60 inch or more cue.

Last edited by poolguy4u; 10-05-2015 at 09:02 AM.

Old
  (#10)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?
Tony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond repute

10-05-2015, 09:34 AM

My first bigger tourney about 30 years ago I drew Dave in the first round.

I one the first game, and after that, I got to the table 3 more times, looking at multi rail kick shots.

He had me locked up tighter than a crabs azz. He was a really nice guy away from the table and a fierce competitor on it.

Tony Marcino - PBIA Instructor
Member of the SPF family of instructors
443-624-0912

"High quality fundamentals beats all of the high quality concepts and esoteric executions ever created." -- Bert Kinister

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: