Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > AzB Hall of Fame
Reload this Page Royce Bunnell Of OB Cues Has Passed Away - RIP
Page 6 of 6 « First 456

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#76)
JMW
Seen Your Member
JMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-26-2015, 09:52 PM

I live in the Dallas area and met Royce on several occasions. He was a super nince and knowledgeable person. My condolences to his family. Very sad news.

Rip
Old
  (#77)
jrackman
AzB Silver Member
jrackman has a reputation beyond reputejrackman has a reputation beyond reputejrackman has a reputation beyond reputejrackman has a reputation beyond reputejrackman has a reputation beyond reputejrackman has a reputation beyond reputejrackman has a reputation beyond reputejrackman has a reputation beyond reputejrackman has a reputation beyond reputejrackman has a reputation beyond reputejrackman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Rip - 11-26-2015, 11:17 PM

Wow, I'm stunned to hear this news. A good guy in the pool world making it a better place with his products, support and sponsorship.
I met Royce a few years ago when he came to Mickey's in Vegas and played in the weekly 9ball tourney. He asked to practice with me and introduced himself, as we shared a few questions, laughs etc., truly a nice guy! and now a nice memory.

Condolances to his family, friends and employees. RIP Royce

''A man who doesn't make a bet everyday might be walking around lucky and not even know it.'' Jimmy Dean

Last edited by jrackman; 12-25-2015 at 05:34 AM.

Old
  (#78)
Kickin' Chicken
Kick Shot Afficionado
Kickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond repute

11-27-2015, 07:03 AM

during sbe maybe 3 years ago I was chatting with Royce and overheard someone talking with another guy, calling that fellow, "Murray". I assumed it might be Murray Tucker whom I had never met and I went over and asked if he was Murray Tucker, and it was so I introduced myself.

Then Murray, Royce and myself were talking and it became quite a funny conversation. Those who know Murray, I'm sure, can attest to his sense of humor and for those who may not have known; Royce could keep up with plenty of good humor of his own. Nice contrast to his usual professional demeanor.

I told Murray I had never hit with one of his cues but had heard a lot of good things about them and he quickly opened his case and offered me his personal player to try out and as he was handing it to me, he said with a big smile, "it's not for sale".

I hit a few on Royce's booth table and then Royce wanted to hit a few himself, and of course Murray said 'sure, go ahead' and Royce began knocking some balls around after which we both agreed what a sweet hit the Tucker cue had.

Royce was a smart, innovative, accommodating, gentleman. We could use many more just like him in our sport.

Again, sincere condolences to his family, friends, and the OB team.

best,
brian kc

"Don't let your alligator mouth overload your jaybird ass!" - my Father

"That was stronger than cat piss, right there." - Brandon Shuff

Playing cues: Tim Scruggs - Jeff Olney
Break cue: Predator BK2 w/White Diamond Tip
Jump cue: Jacoby/Lomax

ROYCE - loss of yet another great guy
Old
  (#79)
pfd studios
AzB Silver Member
pfd studios has a reputation beyond reputepfd studios has a reputation beyond reputepfd studios has a reputation beyond reputepfd studios has a reputation beyond reputepfd studios has a reputation beyond reputepfd studios has a reputation beyond reputepfd studios has a reputation beyond reputepfd studios has a reputation beyond reputepfd studios has a reputation beyond reputepfd studios has a reputation beyond reputepfd studios has a reputation beyond repute

ROYCE - loss of yet another great guy - 11-27-2015, 10:14 AM

To say that I was totally shocked and stunned at the news of Royce's death would be an understatement. We have lost yet another super individual and we will all be sadder because of it.

My sincere condolences to his wife, children and friends who knew him as I did for being such a positive force in our mundane World.

Paul

Royce Bunnell - Teammate, Friend, Gentleman
Old
  (#80)
CarlMPearson
Older'n a Roman Pool Ball
CarlMPearson has a reputation beyond reputeCarlMPearson has a reputation beyond reputeCarlMPearson has a reputation beyond reputeCarlMPearson has a reputation beyond reputeCarlMPearson has a reputation beyond reputeCarlMPearson has a reputation beyond reputeCarlMPearson has a reputation beyond reputeCarlMPearson has a reputation beyond reputeCarlMPearson has a reputation beyond reputeCarlMPearson has a reputation beyond reputeCarlMPearson has a reputation beyond repute

Royce Bunnell - Teammate, Friend, Gentleman - 11-27-2015, 03:54 PM

My league and team has lost a teammate, Royce Bunnell. I have lost a friend.

It has touched all of us and is especially unhappy here as the holiday seasons begin.

Royce was one of a very few people on the planet that I would have no problem loaning my car, house, wallet, or anything without a single concern for his honesty.

How many of you can say that about your teammate or fellow pool player? Some, I am sure, but not all. Darn few, if I know pool players.

We loved the guy. His concern for others was strong, and I loved dropping in on the OBCues office and giving him grief like only a friend-pool-player-buddy can do.

He'd show me around the shop and bemuse whatever gadget he was crafting to improve cue making. One time he talked to me about glue for 15 minutes! His passion for his pool cues was unlimited. We agonized over the possibility of RFID pellets to improve QA processing.

I've lost numerous pool friends over the years and it gets harder each time.

Carlo
Dallas, Texas

Old
  (#81)
desmocourtney
AzB Silver Member
desmocourtney has a reputation beyond reputedesmocourtney has a reputation beyond reputedesmocourtney has a reputation beyond reputedesmocourtney has a reputation beyond reputedesmocourtney has a reputation beyond reputedesmocourtney has a reputation beyond reputedesmocourtney has a reputation beyond reputedesmocourtney has a reputation beyond reputedesmocourtney has a reputation beyond reputedesmocourtney has a reputation beyond reputedesmocourtney has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

11-28-2015, 06:56 PM

I am stunned to hear this. What a great man. He will be missed by all who knew him. RIP Royce.

RIP Royce
Old
  (#82)
Vyc
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Vyc has a reputation beyond reputeVyc has a reputation beyond reputeVyc has a reputation beyond reputeVyc has a reputation beyond reputeVyc has a reputation beyond reputeVyc has a reputation beyond reputeVyc has a reputation beyond reputeVyc has a reputation beyond reputeVyc has a reputation beyond reputeVyc has a reputation beyond reputeVyc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

RIP Royce - 11-28-2015, 08:14 PM

RIP Royce. Condolences and prayers to his family.

We lost a good one.

|V|Y|C|

Old
  (#83)
ibuycues
I Love Box Cues
ibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

12-25-2015, 01:21 AM

I have never asked the moderators to take an action of any sort, but I would ask that this thread be moved in its entirety to the AZB Hall of Fame in the Main Forum. Royce is certainly deserving of the hall of fame, and it is very appropriate to capture all of the wonderful comments contained in this thread.

Will Prout

Old
  (#84)
PINKLADY
ICNBB
PINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond reputePINKLADY has a reputation beyond repute

12-25-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuycues View Post
I have never asked the moderators to take an action of any sort, but I would ask that this thread be moved in its entirety to the AZB Hall of Fame in the Main Forum. Royce is certainly deserving of the hall of fame, and it is very appropriate to capture all of the wonderful comments contained in this thread.

Will Prout
i'll 2nd that.
or at least Sticky-ed.

i'm a little sleepy - KVINBRWR
no one's ever called me 'Howard Honey'; i kinda like it.... - STR8
i don't have time to be impatient - SJM
i'm in this thread for the entertainment factor....you are adding to it - RANDALLT6
you talk a lot for someone who is almost always wrong - LWW

Old
  (#85)
ibuycues
I Love Box Cues
ibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

04-10-2018, 12:18 AM

Royce,
You were a special friend, loved by many.
Rhoda and I still talk about that detailed tour of OB Cues.
May you rest in eternal peace.
Will Prout

Page 6 of 6 « First 456

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: