Proud Papa

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
My son & I entered an adult/child pool tournament this past weekend
Its the 22nd year in a row that this local bar had this tournament for the kids. Its a scotish doubles tourney, alternating shots. Every child comes away with a trophy & certificate, no matter where they finish in this event. Its always about the kids Last year my son wanted to play in it for the 1st time at the age of 10, we finished 4th out of 18 teams. This year there was 16 teams. We went 7 - 1 on the day & had to beat the winners bracket team twice to win it all. Well as you can see from the pictures below, WE DID IT I`m so proud of my son for participating in this event & how well he played during this tournament. He`s only 11 & has a lot of learning to do, but he is still flying high on cloud 9 as you can all imagine from winning this event. I just wanted to share this with my azb friends. He also won 70 bucks, but wouldn`t split it with his old man. He said he carried me throughout the tourney & I only deserved $20 for my effort. Then he laughed, but I still only got $20 total go figure Enjoy the pictures & get your little ones out shooting, its a blast.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My son & I entered an adult/child pool tournament this past weekend
Its the 22nd year in a row that this local bar had this tournament for the kids. Its a scotish doubles tourney, alternating shots. Every child comes away with a trophy & certificate, no matter where they finish in this event. Its always about the kids Last year my son wanted to play in it for the 1st time at the age of 10, we finished 4th out of 18 teams. This year there was 16 teams. We went 7 - 1 on the day & had to beat the winners bracket team twice to win it all. Well as you can see from the pictures below, WE DID IT I`m so proud of my son for participating in this event & how well he played during this tournament. He`s only 11 & has a lot of learning to do, but he is still flying high on cloud 9 as you can all imagine from winning this event. I just wanted to share this with my azb friends. He also won 70 bucks, but wouldn`t split it with his old man. He said he carried me throughout the tourney & I only deserved $20 for my effort. Then he laughed, but I still only got $20 total go figure Enjoy the pictures & get your little ones out shooting, its a blast.

Too bad the photo sites are blocked at work so I can only imaging the size of the trophy by the comments LOL

Are you taking him to the SBE kids tournament? I see you're in PA. I'll be there with my son.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Too bad the photo sites are blocked at work so I can only imaging the size of the trophy by the comments LOL

Are you taking him to the SBE kids tournament? I see you're in PA. I'll be there with my son.

When I saw the trophy I thought they won The World Series

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations! Your boy will treasure that trophy for years!

I laughed at him taking the cheese! None for daddyo!

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Congrats on the double dip to cinch the win. Nice trophy too. Even better than that, the memory you guys created will last a lifetime. Good for you and your son. Matt D.

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the well wishes & support. I`m just a proud papa & had to share my eventful day with you all. hang the 9 I will not be taking him to the SBE to play (need some more work before we try that big of a trophy).
Dave M yeah he almost stiffed me for nothing but I think his mother talked him into giving daddyo $20 He is a good kid, very very shy, but really is coming around in the last few months. Thanks again for your support
Jeff

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
very cool, congrats to you and your son for creating a great memory.

My father passed away when I was very young and I only have a few memories of him and one of them is playing pool.

ARROWCRUSHER

N/ CUE STROKER
Silver Member
Thats great Jeff Im glad to hear this and you gettimng your son into pool. I did the same thing but once my son got older he got to into basketball and baseball that he just didnt have time. Oh yea and now its also GIRLS. lol But he still can pick up a cue and run some balls even if its only once or twice a year.. i hope your son stays interested.. Hope to see you at th expo this year,,,:thumbup: << ED

14.1 Forever

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CONGRATULATIONS !!! - A big win for both of you. Confidence builder for your son and a very special moment for a very proud father ... PRICELESS !!!!!

Keep On Shooting ... STRAIGHT !!

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Congratulations to You Both!

It Looks like he is getting a very good start in more than one sport. That's Great!

I don't know what point in time the pitching pic is but the 'cleats to the sky' looks really nice.

I've coached pitching at the middle school level & we won The City Championship the year I was also head coach/manager.

A good key for him to work on would be 'toe to toe'. Make sure he lands on his 'toe' with good balance.

When Nolan Ryan was really on, he was putting the front 3 cleats in the same spot 'every' time.

Congrats again. Enjoy this time with him. They grow up way too fast.

Best 2 you & All,
Rick

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Congrats

High five to your team! You and your son pulled it off!
It's the adults jobs to keep the kids to know to respect the game, have fun but always be respectful towards ppl and equipment, that will fine tune the games future.
Teach the kids to play pool as if you were teaching them to be respectful adults.

Let's not let the future of pool go down the drain any further.
Teach your kids to respect the game and the rest will fall in to place.
The youth of today will one day be professional- teach em well'

Rob.M

Last edited:

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice job!! I wish there was more stuff like this on here. A memory neither of you will forget. I hope he sticks with it.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pooldawg8...What a fantastic experience with your 11 year old son! Congratulations to the both of you. That IS a big honkin' trophy...lol...that he will cherish for many years to come! Good for you instilling the drive to succeed, yet the courage to accept defeat gracefully, when it comes. Both of those are important assets for all kids (and adults too!). :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com