Eating Crow

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many of you have had to eat crow based on something you said regarding pool/billiards/snooker. I try to man up and admit when I am wrong, which is pretty damn often.
Some examples of my own stupidity were that I never heard of "cue ball only fouls" or asking if Kaci played snooker as a child(based on several articles and Wikipedia).

Seen a couple of posts lately that were 100% inaccurate, when I mentioned it, the poster never replies to the thread :rolleyes:

Those of you who want to flame someone if they post something inaccurate, you should take the flaming when you post something inaccurate, not just log off and stop replying to the thread! ;)

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
How many of you have had to eat crow based on something you said regarding pool/billiards/snooker. I try to man up and admit when I am wrong, which is pretty damn often.
Some examples of my own stupidity were that I never heard of "cue ball only fouls" or asking if Kaci played snooker as a child(based on several articles and Wikipedia).

Seen a couple of posts lately that were 100% inaccurate, when I mentioned it, the poster never replies to the thread :rolleyes:

Those of you who want to flame someone if they post something inaccurate, you should take the flaming when you post something inaccurate, not just log off and stop replying to the thread! ;)

Hay hay hay!

Super Duper vague complaint posting is only allowed on Facebook. Zuckerberg might get this entire forum shut down for trying to horn in on his action.. You tryna get us shut down, bruh?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hay hay hay!

Super Duper vague complaint posting is only allowed on Facebook. Zuckerberg might get this entire forum shut down for trying to horn in on his action.. You tryna get us shut down, bruh?

LOL

I love you Russ, glad you decided to stick around!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ShortBusRuss again."

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Are you asking if there's "forum protocol"? Not really. Some will, some won't.Pretty sure i know who you're referring to as i read it. Why don't you just pm the guy and hash it out that way?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you asking if there's "forum protocol"? Not really. Some will, some won't.Pretty sure i know who you're referring to as i read it. Why don't you just pm the guy and hash it out that way?

Eh I think you might know one of the threads I am referencing(as you were in there as well), although it has happened across the boards in multiple subforums.

I got like 5 or 6 people who just stopped responding to threads after I pointed out something they said was incorrect(I only chimed in after they flamed someone else about posting something that was incorrect),

Funny to click on their profile and it shows they are viewing the thread too. :eek:

I mean heck, when someone gave me an out regarding "cue ball fouls only", and asked if I meant that only in regards to 14.1, I didn't take it. I manned up and said I was incorrect and unknowledgeable, whereas I could have simply said I was referring to only 14.1 and not all games.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a dish best served with a piece of humble pie.
I have had my fair share.
If it was me , let me know , I will dine publicly.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
I confused a Russ Espiritu with a Guss Szamboti cue before!! Lol
That was a funny thread.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, it wasn't me as I literally never say anything inaccurate

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that's why I say "IMHO" after almost every post, so I never have to be wrong :grin-square::grin-square:

< --- IMHO

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
It is a dish best served with a piece of humble pie.
I have had my fair share.
If it was me , let me know , I will dine publicly.

That’s me. I’ve never had an issue being corrected. And i never had an issue saying I was wrong.

Apparently, the OP has been allowing my correction post to him anout Kaçi too much space in his brain for the last week. I’m not worth it. I’m...not...worth...it.

Because of this silly thread, I’ve found out that in the “what pros play with a 13mm shaft,” when I posted that it looked like Sigel still shoots with over 13mm, two posters immediately corrected me. In my mind, I tbought that was the end of it. I certainly wasn’t going to defend my post or defend why I wrote what I wrote, since I was wrong.

But hey, not everyone gets the internet.

Freddie <~~~ wrong again

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s me. I’ve never had an issue being corrected. And i never had an issue saying I was wrong.

Apparently, the OP has been allowing my correction post to him anout Kaçi too much space in his brain for the last week. I’m not worth it. I’m...not...worth...it.

Because of this silly thread, I’ve found out that in the “what pros play with a 13mm shaft,” when I posted that it looked like Sigel still shoots with over 13mm, two posters immediately corrected me. In my mind, I tbought that was the end of it. I certainly wasn’t going to defend my post or defend why I wrote what I wrote, since I was wrong.

But hey, not everyone gets the internet.

Freddie <~~~ wrong again

Yah know, as I said a few posts back, it happens across the boards.

But since you are here, an honest question, how are you going to lecture me for asking a question and clarification about an article and Wikipedia article that I read (saying I was spreading false information purposely) but you make up shaft diameters off the top of your head? Again, why not follow your own advice that you gave me?

Let's see who else chimes in that went missing in action, props to you Freddie.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yah know, as I said a few posts back, it happens across the boards.

But since you are here, an honest question, how are you going to lecture me for asking a question and clarification about an article and Wikipedia article that I read (saying I was spreading false information purposely) but you make up shaft diameters off the top of your head? Again, why not follow your own advice that you gave me?

Let's see who else chimes in that went missing in action, props to you Freddie.

I hammered you for defending your post and playing innocent (it was some other guy who wrote it). I did nothing like that. I own my errors. I didn’t try to justify my reasoning. I was wrong, and I didn’t have to justify to anyone why I was wrong. But you’re still feeling stung? And I’m the weirdo?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Your’re gonna need a dragon.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• 195D5A24-C6B0-4A90-A9E4-F84B7B0E9725.jpg
    195D5A24-C6B0-4A90-A9E4-F84B7B0E9725.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 440

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hammered you for defending your post and playing innocent (it was some other guy who wrote it). I did nothing like that. I own my errors. I didn’t try to justify my reasoning. I was wrong, and I didn’t have to justify to anyone why I was wrong. But you’re still feeling stung? And I’m the weirdo?

I just referenced where I got the information and asked for clarification (I certainly didn't write the articles I referenced).

Where did you get your information on shaft diameter, did you make it up off the top of your head? You eyeballed it from across the room?

Again, I'll ask, why not follow your own advice about commenting?

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just referenced where I got the information and asked for clarification (I certainly didn't write the articles I referenced).

Where did you get your information on shaft diameter, did you make it up off the top of your head? You eyeballed it from across the room?

Again, I'll ask, why not follow your own advice about commenting?

LOL!!! I said “It looks...” that means, yes, I made that judgement based on my eyeballs. I was opening it for a factual correction, which I got. Mission accomplished, even if I was wrong.

You really don’t understand the difference. I didn’t say that I read it, heard it, or felt it. Man up. Own your own $hit. Don’t get so butt-hurt. This internet thing has got you too flustered.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL!!! I said “It looks...” that means, yes, I made that judgement based on my eyeballs. I was opening it for a factual correction, which I got. Mission accomplished, even if I was wrong.

You really don’t understand the difference. I didn’t say that I read it, heard it, or felt it. Man up. Own your own $hit. Don’t get so butt-hurt. This internet thing has got you too flustered.

I am not flustered in the slightest, I am literally over here laughing at your responses, so thanks for brightening my Sunday.

Apparently, you stating incorrect information is "an opening for a factual correction, " but me asking for clarification on something I read is "purposely spreading misinformation". LULZ ok bud

I'll ask a 4th time, why not follow your own advice about commenting that you gave me?

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am not flustered in the slightest, I am literally over here laughing at your responses, so thanks for brightening my Sunday.

Apparently, you stating incorrect information is "an opening for a factual correction, " but me asking for clarification on something I read is "purposely spreading misinformation". LULZ ok bud

I'll ask a 4th time, why not follow your own advice about commenting that you gave me?

Own your $hit. All this is you not owning it. I do follow my own advice. You’re confusion doesn’t change that. You were perpetuating a rumor. I wasn’t even close to that. Was there ever a rumor, discussion, or debate about Sigel’s shaft diameter? Never! But the Kaçi/snooker thing has been a disscussion a dozen times over. That’s the same to you?

When I was wrong, I was wrong and that was that. When you were wrong, you backpedaled and made excuses. And at your first opportunity, you sent me bad rep in immature manner on something unrelated. So cool of you.

And now you create a childish thread of “eating crow.” Yeah, you’re not still butthurt and flustered.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Own your $hit. All this is you not owning it. I do follow my own advice. You’re confusion doesn’t change that. You were perpetuating a rumor. I wasn’t even close to that. Was there ever a rumor, discussion, or debate about Sigel’s shaft diameter? Never! But the Kaçi/snooker thing has been a disscussion a dozen times over. That’s the same to you?

When I was wrong, I was wrong and that was that. When you were wrong, you backpedaled and made excuses. And at your first opportunity, you sent me bad rep in immature manner on something unrelated. So cool of you.

And now you create a childish thread of “eating crow.” Yeah, you’re not still butthurt and flustered.

You making up stuff off the top of your head isn't anywhere close to me asking about clarification on something I read, you are kidding right? :D

In my very first post mentioning Kaci, I gave a disclaimer, that I could be wrong and that I simply read it, you on the other hand offer no disclaimer, just make up a random number off the top of your head and roll with it.

I am sure you might get some real life friends who might get your back on this, but you really making yourself look silly, at least in my opinion.

I sent you a bad rep, which asked why you don't follow your own advice, and that it's rather weird, something that seems impossible for you to answer. I only left you a red rep after you were partaking in the same thing you lectured me for and not following your own advice regarding posting.