R.I.P. Pete Sinkler

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We lost a great friend to the game in Pete Sinkler last night. Our thoughts and prayers go out Petey his son and his family.

For those of us who got to hang out with, work for, and get to know Pete, I can only laugh when I think of him! :) He was a wonderfully funny dude, and EVERYTHING was fair game! He was telling jokes only a couple days ago when my wife Missy went to visit him, and he was in good spirits then.

Pete was one of the owners of the famed Cue Corner in Downingtown PA. He held annual 14.1 events that brought in Pros like Varner, Hopkins, Sigel, etc. somehow Pete knew ALL the top Pros and they loved him! He also was a BIG promoter of junior events, and put up a ton of his own money to sponsor the events. Many of todays top Pros came thru the Cue Corner as juniors.

Pete tried to be cranky, brash, and had a "biker" (which he was) rough exterior, but when you got to know him he was a kind hearted good friend that would help anyone, and often did help many of the locals at the pool room.

I'm kind of bummed at the moment and I know we will see all kinds of stories here quickly! I will leave it like this for now...

RIP Pegleg Pete my friend!

Gerry McKown

Attachments

• pete1.JPG
    pete1.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Rest easy, Pete.

And, remember to keep one foot on the floor, when shooting.

*Edit-Awesome, Gerry. Thanks for adding that pic.

Eric

Last edited:

jkblbsl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool Lost a Great Friend

Pete was a ardent supporter of pool at all levels, but especially the Junior events and 14.1 tournaments he hosted throughout his life. Pete will be missed by all who knew and admired him. Rest peacefully friend. Say hello to Mickey (Highrun56) from all of us.

John Bender

cuesterpat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pete Sinkler

Sorry to hear about Pete's passing. His son used to play my friend's daughter when they were around 10 or so. Pete was very good about supporting youth pool. You will be missed Pete.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
rest in peace!

I got to know him through the junior events and very close with his son. I am heart broken for the family and he was a truly good dude. Not too many "Bikers" would allow their 14 year old son to spend a few weeks with his black friend in the next state!

Kid Dynomite
Mike Wilson