# cushion action?

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi guys,

I have been playing a bunch of 3c lately and I am hard pressed to find action stories about the game? I get it that it is a game played by "gentlemen" wearing bow ties and a vest and all that, BUT there HAS to be some good action tales out there.....no?

The game lends itself to action IMO....because handicapping is so easy. Everyone takes notice to their average, and even tournament entry fees are based on the players average.... i.e. + - .800

So, if you know any good action tales about carom games....PLEASE! hook me up here!

have fun,

G.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Get you a copy of McGoorty...by Robert Byrne.
....I can't think of another source that's even close.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi guys,

I have been playing a bunch of 3c lately and I am hard pressed to find action stories about the game? I get it that it is a game played by "gentlemen" wearing bow ties and a vest and all that, BUT there HAS to be some good action tales out there.....no?

The game lends itself to action IMO....because handicapping is so easy. Everyone takes notice to their average, and even tournament entry fees are based on the players average.... i.e. + - .800

So, if you know any good action tales about carom games....PLEASE! hook me up here!

have fun,

G.

I gambled at the game all the time. There are ring games you can play on a billiard table that can be a lot of fun. I have seen a lot of billiard players gamble. Mazin Shooni when he was hanging around the room where I played was always in action. Carlos Hallon loved to gamble.

Carlos by the way played very good golf on the snooker table. Some what unusual for a billiard player. Sang Lee as great as he was could not play a lick of pool. My wife used to beat him playing 9 ball. Torbjörn Blomdahl on the other hand, played/plays pool very well and plays 9 ball just under the average professional pool player.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I gambled at the game all the time. There are ring games you can play on a billiard table that can be a lot of fun. I have seen a lot of billiard players gamble. Mazin Shooni when he was hanging around the room where I played was always in action. Carlos Hallon loved to gamble.

Carlos by the way played very good golf on the snooker table. Some what unusual for a billiard player. Sang Lee as great as he was could not play a lick of pool. My wife used to beat him playing 9 ball. Torbjörn Blomdahl on the other hand, played/plays pool very well and plays 9 ball just under the average professional pool player.

Well it is good to hear action exists in the 3c world! :) I guess coming from a pool background I just expected action in every discipline in the pool room. Not that I have to gamble to play....but it keeps your interest when there is at least table time involved.

Pocket billiards has such a history with gambling stories, road agents, etc. and not to mention the great scene in the Hustler when Eddie and Burt go down to the basement in Louisville to find a 3C table and no pockets! :) How cool was it for Eddie to say.....I'll bust him on my own $$$.....I didn't think he could hustle, but I can beat him Burt!

have fun!
G.