OKAY...I'm freakin out!

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, Rob is coming over in the morning to complete the install on my GC2 3c table, and now I have to try to sleep tonight :) I have wanted a 3c table within driving distance to play on for years!, and now with a few very well timed pieces of luck, and all the cogs of the universe falling together perfectly.....I am going to have one in my basement!

Now I just have to build a heat system, and make a nice insulated cover. Those should be fairly simple...I might try the heat mats we use under ceramic tile in bathrooms. Seems to work well for radiant heat jobs, and is sold at my local supply house. The cover I may try blue tarp material, and 1-1/2" blue or pink foam insulation used on the exterior of masonry foundations.

I feel like a kid on x-mas eve! :) and yes, you all can come over and play....but you can not beat me or I will kick you out! HA! :)

G.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard with royal pro cloth no heating is needed... Im giving it a try. :)

I mentioned it to Rob and he said as soon as he hears good things about it he would try it on my table, but he knows Simonis best for now. Didn't want to experiment on my table I guess.

G.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the GC set up! Rob did GREAT work, his info is below. It is nice to watch a craftsman at work when they REALLY know what they are doing. I learned a ton watching the install, and tried to stay out of the way.

After an hour or so I can say it is playing long, and needs heat, but I am VERY pleased with the outcome for a relatively small investment. In the future I may replace the rubber?, not sure yet...need to heat it first. As you can see the plastic skirts leaning on the wall need to be refinished...actually they were still in the packaging and the color faded over the years, so maybe an off white spray finish?

After playing on the sweet Kronos at Classics Billiards this is a "different" world, BUT at least I know what a GREAT table plays like, and it gives me something to shoot for while making adjustments and add-ons to this table.

Now I can do the remodeling work around the table like wall texture, tile etc. I wanted to wait til the table was set. I know it sounds bassackwards,but I work in mysterious ways! :)
have fun, Gerry

Installed by...
Rob Table-Tek inc.
www.tabletek.net
267-885-7226
sales@tabletek.net

Attachments

• gc2.jpg
    gc2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 305
  • gc3.jpg
    gc3.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 299

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
help!

OK,

After a week here is an update of my table so far. My rail rubber is DEAD! it makes a "thud" when hit and the ball slows instead of rebounding. I can practice short angle shots fine, but when I step up the speed the performance just is not there.

I think I am going to break it down and go to Royal cloth, and get new rail rubber. So, if any of you guys out there who are in the biz have some pricing for cloth and rail rubber, please shoot me a PM, or text... 610-441-4835

I don't know what rubber to go with so your input is much appreciated!

thanx,

G.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tuff roll there...

Kleber match p37 is the shit, but in addition to its cost, I am sure the rails will nee modifying to mak them sit right. Now you are talkin big bucks and that biatch still isn't heated and the table itself is so light, structurally...it might still be a pisser.

You could prob pick up a used verhoeven for a k more than the rebuild, I'd think.

A real pisser.

I'd suggest you have a phone call with jay Spielberg and let him give you his thoughts.

Good luck, damn frustrating, I know.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tuff roll there...

Kleber match p37 is the shit, but in addition to its cost, I am sure the rails will nee modifying to mak them sit right. Now you are talkin big bucks and that biatch still isn't heated and the table itself is so light, structurally...it might still be a pisser.

You could prob pick up a used verhoeven for a k more than the rebuild, I'd think.

A real pisser.

I'd suggest you have a phone call with jay Spielberg and let him give you his thoughts.

Good luck, damn frustrating, I know.

I hear you man, and I can come up with the bucks for a high end piece, but I want to try to get this old girl playing nice if I can?! I learned on a table exactly like this one, and it was built the same year and month I was born! June 1966 :)I have a total of $1200 in the table so far....SO, All things considered...I'm out nothing really.

Hey I have a match today at Classics billiards here in the 19464 against Cigar Dave from Chicago...I am the big under dog, but HEY! lets get it on!

have fun,

G.

kilby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can replace the rubber on the rails. Meullers carries two rubbers which will fit the Brunswick profile without replacing the liners. K-55 is decent and priced great at $70. They also carry Artemis #66 at $430 which is top quality for 3-sided rubber. Any other rubber is 4-sided and will require new liners which, given the depth of the Brunswick rails, may not be practical. Frankly, your mechanic might have told you the current rails were dead before he installed the table.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can replace the rubber on the rails. Meullers carries two rubbers which will fit the Brunswick profile without replacing the liners. K-55 is decent and priced great at $70. They also carry Artemis #66 at $430 which is top quality for 3-sided rubber. Any other rubber is 4-sided and will require new liners which, given the depth of the Brunswick rails, may not be practical. Frankly, your mechanic might have told you the current rails were dead before he installed the table.

Thanks for the info man! I have gotten a few pm's about the k-55 rails. And, yea, I hear you about the installer.....I did take his word on the condition of the rubber, but the final decision was mine I guess...maybe I should have gotten a durometer? If I was gonna stay with the Simonis300 I would be pissed now, but since I'm going to switch to the Royal,....its not so hard to stomach I guess! :)

G.

Abraham_Solis

Registered
So what did you end up doing?
Im kinda in the same boat i bought a table rubber is not too bad but it bugs me a lil thinking about what to do