3/8 × 10 versus radial pin opinions

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Intersting, Is the 3/8×10 obsolete? Thanks

Far from it. The standard 3/8x10 is still, and will continue to be, one of my favorite joint screws. The only screw I have not used in my cues is the newer 3/8x10 flat bottom. I have the correct tap for the standard, which means my hole for the threads matches the screws .281 minor and don't see a need for the flat bottom in my cues. If it's not broke. Don't fix it.

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Far from it. The standard 3/8x10 is still, and will continue to be, one of my favorite joint screws. The only screw I have not used in my cues is the newer 3/8x10 flat bottom. I have the correct tap for the standard, which means my hole for the threads matches the screws .281 minor and don't see a need for the flat bottom in my cues. If it's not broke. Don't fix it.

My favorite pin as well although I use both. From an ease of installation, play and cost perspective it's simply the nuts.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I did.

In my beginning days at Joss Cues I measured a 3/8-12 pin on a Ginacue (a standard wood thread) and mistook it for a 3/8-10. Dan and I had the 3/8-10 pins made to order and McDermott and Viking copied them.

That is a fact.

Bill S.

Not the first time I've heard this. Mr. Janes told me years ago. He didn't mention the 12 thread. I think he might still have some of the originals. He doesn't throw much away. Lol
Thank you to both of you.

Last edited: