Kristina Tkach in action on FB.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
The stream just cut off with them tied at 7-7 (she broke and ran out the last two racks).

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was just getting good. Someone on the chat said she won 17-9 or around there yesterday. Did is rematch.

barely 20yrs old female in this kind of action.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
KT shoots crazy straight. Scott Frost just said she is better than Chen. (yes I know Chen beat her in 10b a few days ago, but KT was half asleep too.).

Russian Kenny running his mouth in the background.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
KT shoots crazy straight. Scott Frost just said she is better than Chen. (yes I know Chen beat her in 10b a few days ago, but KT was half asleep too.).

Russian Kenny running his mouth in the background.

She's not better than Chen.

They must have put new cloth on the table while the stream was down, it's a much deeper blue now.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pooky won last night's set 17-14.

There were people in the chat saying Pooky should be spotting her... he plays great but if they played even (which I doubt Pooky would do) I'm betting on her.

Thanks.

Given what happedn in their last 2 matchups...he has no business playing her even.

And I will add that I do not think he in stroke these days at all.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
KT shoots crazy straight. Scott Frost just said she is better than Chen.
(yes I know Chen beat her in 10b a few days ago, but KT was half asleep too.)

Kris is awesome but Chen is an incredibly straight shooter, they have similar perfect fundamentals.
Slow backswing, pause, absolutely no wobble or steering on the forward swing.

I guess Scott is not on the Fargo train yet, cuz he'd see there's about an 80 point gap between them.
Fargo might be off here and there, but never that much. But Chen has like 6 years of tournament seasoning on Kristina.
In 6 years Tkach might play at the same level.

They must have put new cloth on the table while the stream was down, it's a much deeper blue now.

They got new lights. They are these super white lights without even a hint of yellow.
We're so used to seeing yellow lights in pool halls that when we see those pure white lights,
they look very 'cold' and almost blue. Takes a little getting used to.

And yeah, Tkach should beat Pooky in the long run. But their fargo gap isn't that huge.
She's kind of low-pro speed and he's kind of almost-pro speed.
Neither robs the other, they could keep doing this set for a year and I think she'd probably win 55-60% of them.
He was smart to suggest no magic rack for their second set because he has a huge 10ball break.
If she can have the magic rack back I like her to win a little more often.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they keep playing, then pookie finds his old game too, though.

And I guess the argument could be made that she is on the improve too.

But I think pookie has lived a higher gear than she has yet to realize.

:shrug:
Kris is awesome but Chen is an incredibly straight shooter, they have similar perfect fundamentals.
Slow backswing, pause, absolutely no wobble or steering on the forward swing.

I guess Scott is not on the Fargo train yet, cuz he'd see there's about an 80 point gap between them.
Fargo might be off here and there, but never that much. But Chen has like 6 years of tournament seasoning on Kristina.
In 6 years Tkach might play at the same level.

They got new lights. They are these super white lights without even a hint of yellow.
We're so used to seeing yellow lights in pool halls that when we see those pure white lights,
they look very 'cold' and almost blue. Takes a little getting used to.

And yeah, Tkach should beat Pooky in the long run. But their fargo gap isn't that huge.
She's kind of low-pro speed and he's kind of almost-pro speed.
Neither robs the other, they could keep doing this set for a year and I think she'd probably win 55-60% of them.
He was smart to suggest no magic rack for their second set because he has a huge 10ball break.
If she can have the magic rack back I like her to win a little more often.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
For those wondering, Kristin Tkach pronounces her last name as:

tuh kotch

The "uh" after the 't' is more of just a sound than a syllable.

The 'o' is more like the Spanish 'a' similar to Ah or Agnir (European 'a.' And after all, it's spelled with an 'a' not an 'o.)

And she needs a cool nickname. Someone suggested "The Dream Weaver," while others suggested something like "La Femme Nikita" or "Ice Princess."

Freddie <~~~ AHG near

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really nice to see young talent like this coming up. Perfect position,
and center pocket every shot. Reminds me of Alison in her prime...
And no 'rattle'!! Fun to watch! It would serve any young or new player well
to watch this young lady play....

td