Table from 1910 -- pool and carom rails

kevoka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No bid yet. Bidding ends on Sunday. May be subject to a low-ball offer. You pick up in Bridgeport, CT.

Ebay is keeping me abreast of its status and I only looked at it, did not add to the watch list.

They are trying...

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you guys know if the carom cushions from that time were the same as pool cushions, with the only difference being the pocket cuts?

If so, I wonder if those extra carom rails would have value to a pocket pool table that had old monarchs cushions that were in bad shape.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do you guys know if the carom cushions from that time were the same as pool cushions, with the only difference being the pocket cuts?

If so, I wonder if those extra carom rails would have value to a pocket pool table that had old monarchs cushions that were in bad shape.

I suppose the rubber could have been the same but the noses were different heights.

BlueEyesSB

Registered
I have similar table, 9’ 1901 Narragansett with the box of Caram rails. Thinking of having them rebuilt with new rubber as the rails seem dead however look unused. Not sure why the rails on this table didn’t last as I have great rails on my 8’ Delaware from around same period.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have similar table, 9’ 1901 Narragansett with the box of Caram rails. Thinking of having them rebuilt with new rubber as the rails seem dead however look unused. Not sure why the rails on this table didn’t last as I have great rails on my 8’ Delaware from around same period.
I have heard that you could restore how they played by rubbing them with some kind of oil, but I'd ask in the Mechanics forum first.