Something New Next Year at the Expo

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Guys as you may have heard me talking this year at the expo, next year is going to be even bigger and better.

I have taken it personally on to myself to start something I am calling the

" 14.1 for Everyone Initiative "

Basically next year I am going to include a juniors entry tournament which will be 16 and under.

There will be prizes galore but here is the kicker. I am going to enlist the help of some straight pool icons to walk our juniors through their racks.

Imagine a new crop of straight pool players coming up in the ranks being guided by some of the most knowledgeable players on the planet. These kids will be playing for fun and prizes but will also be learning in the process. Imagine a 12 year old's face as he hits his first break shot with the help of someone like John Schmidt. Imagine the confidence level as he tells his or her friends about the incredible time they had at the expo playing the game we all love 14.1!!

I want to encourage a newer younger generation to take up the game we all so love and next year plan to devote at least one table to this cause for any amount of time that I can.

Please feel free to get back to me with ideas regarding this or any thoughts you might have.

Oh and this is only one of the incredible ideas I have for next year's event. I only wish it was more than a four day event.

Sincerely,
Charlie

Last edited:

deebee53

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can I pretend I'm 12 so I can get some much needed help on my 14.1 game?

Hahaha.

Great idea.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Nice Idea

Cool Idea, Charlie.

If you could enlist the help of lots of players, it would be nice.

In addition to all the younger masters like John Schmidt, Thorsten, Mika, you could get some representatives of the older style like Daya, Barouty, Hopkins, Diliberto, Lipsky, Rempe to show their way of taking apart a rack.

Even though the pros would be teaching the youngsters I am sure there would be many oldsters around to watch and learn.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Great Idea

Great idea Charlie. It's good to hear about people thinking about helping kids. I have a few grand-sons that I would love to see play all different sports including pool and especially 14.1

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just really think its important that we start exposing the sport of pool as well as 14.1 to people of all ages but most of all the kids who will be coming up within our sport.