Jim Rempe

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Hey,

i figured i would post this question here, since Jimmy is/was one of the best 14.1 of our time IMHO.

i have been watching some live feeds lately and Jim's name has come up numerous times and everyone has a different answer to his whereabouts and the reason why he has dropped off the map.

so now i ask, what happened to Jimmy ? what a pleasure it would be to see him get back into the ring, possibly at the next Worlds

Steve

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey,

i figured i would post this question here, since Jimmy is/was one of the best 14.1 of our time IMHO.

i have been watching some live feeds lately and Jim's name has come up numerous times and everyone has a different answer to his whereabouts and the reason why he has dropped off the map.

so now i ask, what happened to Jimmy ? what a pleasure it would be to see him get back into the ring, possibly at the next Worlds

Steve

I was told he went to Borneo to become a squid fisherman, and if that doesnt work for you I was told that santa claus recruited him for secret straight pool christmas missions sprinkling all the hundred plus runs into good little boys stockings.

There you go.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
well i have been good, so hopefully i recieve a 100 ball run soon !!!

on a serious note, i am really curious because i dont like some of the answers that were given on his whereabouts on the livefeed chats !

Steve

Ron F

Ron F
Silver Member
Rempe

Steve,

I'm from right outside Scranton and as far as I know Jim is still in the area. And I see him walking around at the SBE every year.

For all the times I've spent in pool rooms in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area over the past 30 years, I've only seen him one or two times in a local room; and that was when he had the pro shop at Arena Billiards. It's sad that he hasn't spent any time promoting the sport in his hometown rooms - many of which have closed with the downturn in the economy.

sausage

Banned
he's gone to the orient in search of a baldness cure so he can get his perm back. ;)

his 14.1 videos were a great inspiration to me. i recommend them to every 14.1 noob i encounter.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
King James

He did some commentary at the US Open this year.

It would be nice to hear him do some 14.1 commentary.

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey,

Steve

From what I have heard, Rempe is living in the Scranton, Pa. area. This is the area where he grew up.
I believe his long time back problems caught up with him and that is the reason he does not play any longer.

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Hey,

Steve

Jim lives in Lake Ariel, PA just outside of Scranton with Sally his wife of 40 years in a new home he had built about 2 years ago. He has a Connolly Ultimate table in what he calls his "Man Room" downstairs. I have taken 14.1 lessons twice with him at his home in the past 2 years. His back is fine. He threatens once in a while to come back and play at Turning Stone but he he won't until he feels he is playing well enough to win. Jim is concentrating more on giving lessons than playing right now. Jim and Pat Fleming are close friends and he did do some Accu-stats commentary at the US Open and attended Johhny and Allison's Hall of Fame Induction Dinner.

Hope this helps

Wedge

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Jim lives in Lake Ariel, PA just outside of Scranton with Sally his wife of 40 years in a new home he had built about 2 years ago. He has a Connolly Ultimate table in what he calls his "Man Room" downstairs. I have taken 14.1 lessons twice with him at his home in the past 2 years. His back is fine. He threatens once in a while to come back and play at Turning Stone but he he won't until he feels he is playing well enough to win. Jim is concentrating more on giving lessons than playing right now. Jim and Pat Fleming are close friends and he did do some Accu-stats commentary at the US Open and attended Johhny and Allison's Hall of Fame Induction Dinner.

Hope this helps

Wedge

thanks alot, that better news from what i heard in the LiveFeed chats....

maybe, just maybe he will show at Valley Forge and play in Our 14.1 Challenge !!!!

Steve