Pechauer P+Pro LD shaft

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played Pechauer for awhile now and after playing with McDermott, Lucasi, OB, Joss, Meucci and others Pechauer is my cue of choice. I prefer the JP to the Pro series, as they have a slightly softer hit. I just bought myself another, custom stained version (and Pechauer did a great job working with me on that) for Christmas and decided to go with the Pro+ 12.75 laminated LD shaft rather than the standard solid version, and I love it. The slightly smaller diameter is more noticeable than I expected and looks perfect to my eye. It has a different tip (Pechauer gold vs. Pechauer emerald) and the playability and feel are all I could ask for. Some people say LD shafts feel hollow or less solid but after my first evening of table time with the new shaft I won't be playing with anything else. I'll keep the standard shaft from my old cue in the bag as a backup, but I honestly feel my days of trying/buying new cues are over.

Attachments

• cue3.jpg
    cue3.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 462
  • cue2.jpg
    cue2.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 506
  • Cue1.jpg
    Cue1.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 454

diazr3

Registered
I made the switch from OB+ classic to the P+ Pro shaft and needless to say the OB stayed in the bag. I know hit is subjective and all but I have yet to find a shaft that I like better than the P+ Pro. Deflection isn't as low as a z3 or anything like that but it's low enough for me. The taper feels great in my hands, I don't see myself playing with anything else.

I've thought of ordering one in a 13mm but I don't know how much a difference that would make.

Great shaft if one wants to try LD without losing feel