What case is this please?

saint1

saint1
Silver Member
Was told this was a Fellini with slight chance of being a Tad, which I never heard that he ever made cases. Centennial? Ann Gore? Schon? any idea?

Attachments

• IMG_5012.jpg
    IMG_5012.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,200
  • IMG_5013.jpg
    IMG_5013.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,160
  • IMG_5018.jpg
    IMG_5018.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,167
  • IMG_5010.jpg
    IMG_5010.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,153

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope can give you an answer, I've got one just like it I've had for over 20 years and it like new. I just don't remember who made it.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
It is not a TAD case or a Gina case. It is more likely something made in the 70s early 80s. The liner used first came into being with Fellini cases. Prior to that as far as I know the liners were simply thin nylon. Bob is the one who started using the heavy felt.

Some have stated that it is an early it's George. That's possible and correlates to these pictures I have in my collection. The only thing that doesn't fit is the lack of a white border for the dividers and a logo.

So it's quite possible in my opinion that you might have an It's George made before It's George was a brand. Or the logo has worn off completely.

Attachments

• P1010018.JPG
    P1010018.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 913
  • P1010027.JPG
    P1010027.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 914
  • P1010028.JPG
    P1010028.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 908

saint1

saint1
Silver Member
Thanks. I recieved several replies and PM's stated that It is an It's George and a very early one. Some even stated they had one of the same.

1pocketjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got my first Gus in 82 the case looked just like that in plain smooth black leather I was told. It was a George but it had no markings when Gus could no longer get Fellini I think they made them for him but I don't have any paper work to back this up

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, digging up an old post...

But I want to point out the case in the first post is vinyl not leather.

I do not believe it is a George case, I think it is an imported case.

Last edited: