Advice for good cue to replace my Huebler

Muddog

Registered
Hi new here and hoping you all can help me out. I used to play constantly in late 90’s early 2000’s and have a Huebler that I shot with daily for better part of 10 years before a bad accident left me partially disabled and after a spinal fusion 2 shoulder surgeries and 3 discs replaced in my neck and lots of rehab I’m looking to begin playing again. My Huebler has seen better days much like myself and I would love to replace it which is where the problem comes as they are no longer produced.

I really don’t want to spend more than 350$ on a new cue and want something as close to my Huebler in quality and feel as I can get. I know pechauer mcdermott and others all make good cues in my price range but which will be closest to a Huebler? Already facing an uphill battle with my disability so really want to retain close to the same feel in the hit. Thanks for any/all advice

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi new here and hoping you all can help me out. I used to play constantly in late 90’s early 2000’s and have a Huebler that I shot with daily for better part of 10 years before a bad accident left me partially disabled and after a spinal fusion 2 shoulder surgeries and 3 discs replaced in my neck and lots of rehab I’m looking to begin playing again. My Huebler has seen better days much like myself and I would love to replace it which is where the problem comes as they are no longer produced.

I really don’t want to spend more than 350$ on a new cue and want something as close to my Huebler in quality and feel as I can get. I know pechauer mcdermott and others all make good cues in my price range but which will be closest to a Huebler? Already facing an uphill battle with my disability so really want to retain close to the same feel in the hit. Thanks for any/all advice

Why not just refinish your old cue?

Muddog

Registered
I am having the shaft refinished but the cue has a lot of sentimental value and is now irreplaceable
Recently had my break cue walk off while I was in the restroom
While losing any cue is going to upset me losing something easily replaced at least takes some of the sting out

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you still like your Heubler you should consider refinishing yours or buying another vintage Heubler. Many quality vintage cues had be had at reasonable prices.

I have vintage cues refinished regularly and generally speaking it's a simple straightforward process.

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haven't ever played one but have seen plenty of positive comments about them
(Samsara bar cue)