3 Hoppies?

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In the center is a very pretty Mike Cochran green veneer Cue. A Cory Barnhart completed Mike Cochran/Tim Scruggs with the red center veneer and a Tim Scruggs titlist Rambo rear Mike built and shipped here years ago. Note the very long point sets. Almost no Tim Scruggs titlist had the high points. Less than 5. Around the time Mike started doing that he decided he was going to never build them again. He had 2 fancy ones he was completing at the time. He said that was it. Mike also decided no more bridged veneer cues or box cues around the mid to late 2000's. The green cue was the last cue Mike built It was one of 3. The others were very high end. Over 10K.

Attachments

• 3hopsf.jpg
    3hopsf.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 582
  • 3hoppiesR.jpg
    3hoppiesR.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 575
  • 3hoppiesh.jpg
    3hoppiesh.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 577
Last edited:

rsmith_1972

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TS Hoppy

Sir,

Love the Triplets. I have one you would love to make it a foursome. I will send you pics when I get home from deployment.

V/r
Richard

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nick, where'd you find the Scrugg's by Barnhart? That's a rare gem. Brian.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have had 3. They are special Cues.

The previous owner calls the Scruggs by Barnhart a magical cue that was his daily player. Brian as a matter of fact. I find myself keeping too many cues.
Thank you,
Nick :)

Last edited:

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing, I have always loved that green veneered Mike Cochran cue since the first time I saw a picture of it. I can't remember if it was here or on the Scruggs website. I was exchanging emails with Tim and Mike on having a nice four point player cue made when Mike passed. It is a shame he was not with us longer, definitely a good one that passed way too soon. RIP Mike and Tim.

We can only hope they are making cues in heaven.

Thanks again for sharing.

Take Care
-don

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hay Don

That particular Scruggs by Barnhart is something you might love just trimming down. I probably talked to Mike every day. He was a great guy. Here is a picture of the Cue Mike made for me that he sent from the shop. Thank you, Nick

Attachments

• 1cf.jpg
    1cf.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is it.

You are looking at 3 in that picture. Cory finished the Barnhart with Mike's pre made parts. Mike built the Titlist see the point height?