What is the Weirdest thing you've ever eaten

Pangit

Banned
th

Iv'e eaten pig and bull balls, and a BBQ'd raccoon and a possum, and a deep fried snapping turtle, but never, ever a weasel. Glenn has a way more refined pallet than I do.

Wouldn't you love to see a hard core reality TV "Eat off" between Glenn and Bear Grylls?

My money is on Glenn, all the way. Ask him what Moose colon tastes like?

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pangit, Howdy;

Stationed in Europe, plane broke down, hadda do an engine swap.
Taxi driver we "hired" for the week invited us to his home for a farewell
supper. We all go and the main course was a local (Istanbul, Tk.), dish.
Sheep's brains with eyeballs :grin: tastes a lot better then it sounds.

hank

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
th

Iv'e eaten pig and bull balls, and a BBQ'd raccoon and a possum, and a deep fried snapping turtle, but never, ever a weasel. Glenn has a way more refined pallet than I do.

Wouldn't you love to see a hard core reality TV "Eat off" between Glenn and Bear Grylls?

My money is on Glenn, all the way. Ask him what Moose colon tastes like?
Put these lame threads in NPR where they belong.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mombasa Kenya. I went to a cafe with a buddy. Ordered something from the menu which I thought was potato soup. Milk with something beneath the the milk. When I got the milk about halfway down there was an eye looking at me.

Fish head in the bowl. I finished the milk but did not partake of the fish head which was probably a local delicacy.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sheep and fish heads, rocky mountain
oysters, all manner of organs, shark,
gator, grasshopper, tarantula, snail,
octopus, not sure what is the most weird?

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was dining in Tokyo with business associates and at the end of the meal one of them ask if I wanted anything else?
I said: "Surprise me" !
A few minutes later a tumbler filled with purple liquid arrived with things inside that looked like worms.
I used chop sticks to pick one out and put it in my mouth.
It turns out to be baby quid tentacles pickled in salted squid ink.

It was "not bad" but it did teach me not to tell someone in Japan to "surprise me" when discussing menu items. Who knows what might show up.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
In Almaty Kazakhstan, a plate of horse sausage washed down with a pint of Tian Shan beer (maybe a reference to the Himalayas).

Nice people, looked Chinese/Asian but speak fluent Russian. As if Avenue U Brooklyn Chinatown melded with Brighton Beach.

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice try...

From 1969 to 1973, during the Viet Nam war. I spent time in the Philippine's, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea and Thailand. No way I am going to front my self out on the internet. LOL I got kids and grandkids and a wife to think of.

I think my wife has ate weird stuff, but she was born on the Yukon River in 1948 and they had lots of fish head soup, beaver, muskrats, duck and goose eggs in the spring. She said her Eskimo Grama always went for the eye balls in the fish head soup.

In the fall when we hang moose quarters she likes cutting some of the clean white hardened fat off of the back strap and eating that. Like I always say " you can take them out of the village, but you can't take the village out of them".

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I was dining in Tokyo with business associates and at the end of the meal one of them ask if I wanted anything else?
I said: "Surprise me" !
A few minutes later a tumbler filled with purple liquid arrived with things inside that looked like worms.
I used chop sticks to pick one out and put it in my mouth.
It turns out to be baby quid tentacles pickled in salted squid ink.

It was "not bad" but it did teach me not to tell someone in Japan to "surprise me" when discussing menu items. Who knows what might show up.

You dont want to do that where pangy lives either, lots of "girls" with surprises

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I'd say, flying fish eggs, with a raw quail egg, surrounded by seaweed. Standard stuff.

All the best,
WW

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
30 Years ago i ate about 3 grams of some foul tasting mushrooms. Shit got weird. And that was before the strip club with all the flashing crazy lights, loud music, and naked chicks. Weirdest thing i ever ate...

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mexican. But it was a long walk across the desert... (T-Bag Prison Break)./..

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Not pool related. Please stop clogging up the main forum with your irrelevant threads.